Tigers vs Cards W.S. Games 3-7

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I just got tired of posting the same stuff in more than one thread, bouncing back and forth...

Maybe this is a useless thread, maybe not .

Game three starters:
Chris Carpenter 15-8 3.09 vs
Nate Robertson 13-13 3.84

Statistically, the Cards should win this one.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Statistically how?

Carpenter faced a weak NL and gave up 3.08 runs a game

Robertson faced the AL which is loaded with power not to mention the DH and his ERA is 3.84.

While I agree St Louis may win the game I dont think you can say its because of the regular season stats of the pitchers.

Carpenter was very good home and his ERA was under 3 home. No DH and St. Louis has the home field advantage with the Series tied 1-1. Again everything looks for St. Louis but who knows what the Starting pitching is going to bring.

Sean, thanks for the answer on my "Senior Member Q." If I remember right, the Tigers beat up on Carpenter back during interleague play. That was then, and this now...

I hope Robertson goes out and pitches as well as Bonderman did last time out, but you never know with Nate, he can be very good or down right bad.

btw, Chris Carpenter can cheat all he wants tonight, they would never do anything after Game 2. Carpenter has a 1.70 era at home this year.

The Cards are only hitting about .225 against lefthanders.

Jimbo

Well, it's in the 8th and it doesn't look good for the Bengals. Nate wasn't terrible, just a couple misplaced pitches. The errors may be the story of this game. That's the problem when it's been so long between the big games (36 yrs)

Well, it's in the 8th and it doesn't look good for the Bengals. Nate wasn't terrible, just a couple misplaced pitches. The errors may be the story of this game. That's the problem when it's been so long between the big games (36 yrs)

I expected the bullpen to get in tonight.
I look for things to go better tommorow, it just looks like pitching after being off for a weekand a half has hurt them.

Top ten reasons Tigers lost last night.
10. Team didn't get my memo about winning series in 5 games.
9. Too warm in St. Louis.
8. Thought carpenter was his trade, and he would hit wood for them.
7. Tired of hearing 46,000 St. Louis fans whine when they lose.
6. Because of bad ratings, FOX demands series go all 7 games, or they wont televise series next year
5. Following script from 1968.
4 Couldn't find suitable wood for the carpenter.
3. Mcguire didn't deliver the "cream"
2. Tigers were hungover from the Budweiser brewery tour.
And the number 1 reason the Tigers lost -
Cardinals wise to the pinetar trick.

My apologies.

The only reason they lost last night was:

Carpenter dominated them, just like Rogers dominated the Cardinals in Game 2. How do you expect the Tigers to win when you have Granderson, Polanco, and Rodriguez hitting .000 (0 for 34 in the WS). The Tigers batting avg. is only .185 in the WS.

Edit:

Tigers batting avg. in:
WS: .185
LCS: .285
LDS: .309

Last edited:
:up

Now game 4 is up. Looking good Red Birds! Weak NL? Not hardly. Just balanced.

Last edited:
Top ten reasons Tigers lost last night.
10. Team didn't get my memo about winning series in 5 games.
9. Too warm in St. Louis.
8. Thought carpenter was his trade, and he would hit wood for them.
7. Tired of hearing 46,000 St. Louis fans whine when they lose.
6. Because of bad ratings, FOX demands series go all 7 games, or they wont televise series next year
5. Following script from 1968.
4 Couldn't find suitable wood for the carpenter.
3. Mcguire didn't deliver the "cream"
2. Tigers were hungover from the Budweiser brewery tour.
And the number 1 reason the Tigers lost -
Cardinals wise to the pinetar trick.

My apologies.

once again, tigers LOST, not the cardinals won, oh well. and WHEN we win the WS ( first time i said this, and yes it can come back to bite me in the ass) all 46, 000 of us will still whine because you have cheater. that dont go away. gee, you did not sweep us at home.

Dantheman, did someone piss in your corn flakes this morning? The list was a poor attempt at humor, nothing more. But if it will make you feel better - yes , the Cardinals won. Carpenter would have beaten anyone with the stuff he had yesterday night. You whine even when you win. what do you do when you lose? Oh yeah, you cry "cheat". You still haven't given any opinion on McGuire. Was he cheating, or not?

Dantheman, did someone piss in your corn flakes this morning? The list was a poor attempt at humor, nothing more. But if it will make you feel better - yes , the Cardinals won. Carpenter would have beaten anyone with the stuff he had yesterday night. You whine even when you win. what do you do when you lose? Oh yeah, you cry "cheat". You still haven't given any opinion on McGuire. Was he cheating, or not?

LOL! look in the ws , regular thread.. i will repeat, i do love sports

BTW - a hug will make me feel better too!

Last edited:
Carpendar was last year's Cy Young winner, and a leading contender for this year's title. Add to that how Carpendar pitches very well at home, and you have a recipe for success (His home ERA is like 1.8 if I recall). I was a bit surprised at the score however - I always thought cold weather favored hitters rather than pitchers.

And I wonder who will be whining (or crying) should St Louis sweep the kitties at home. :D Still, I think Detroit and St Louis match up well and was expecting a 7 game series at the start.

The only reason they lost last night was:

Carpenter dominated them, just like Rogers dominated the Cardinals in Game 2. How do you expect the Tigers to win when you have Granderson, Polanco, and Rodriguez hitting .000 (0 for 34 in the WS). The Tigers batting avg. is only .185 in the WS.

Edit:

Tigers batting avg. in:
WS: .185
LCS: .285
LDS: .309

Nice that you found those stats ...
IF you look just a little farther, you'll find that ST. Louis is not exactly hitting the cover off the ball ... they are hitting .195 in the series.
Tigers are not pitching bad, Cards are pitching slightly better maybe, it's the offense that has not come thru.
I really thought that Granderson had got his swing back after the last series, he has struggled for awhile prior to that.

As Granderson goes, the Tigers go, when the leadoff guy dosn't hit, you don't score.

For the record, "I" never said anyone was going to sweep anyone and never said that the Cards didn't belong.

Heres how the series brakes down, Rogers won when the team expected him too, Weaver pitched very good, better than I expected, Verlander did not pitch as well as I had hoped, Leyland said he didn't have his fastball for some reason, Carpenter pitched Lights Out, Reyes pitched better than anyone expected, Nate pitched not bad, but he always has 1 inning that does him in.
Zumaya will pitch better tonight, (Provided they play) he seemed like he had way too much rest.
I expect this to be a bullpen game, especially if it rains, seeing a rain delay will cause a pitcher to be removed.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Rain Out last night, so everything gets pushed back to tomorrow if the rain holds off.

I hope this rain-out helps the Tigers like it did the last time. (Seven game winning streak.)

i dont know, will they be rusty becaues of the lay - off??

( we both love sports, all of us do. we arent good enough to play, so this is what we have. i hope you know all of this jawing is in fun. i cant hit, pitch, field, (or spell. thanks to several of you for pointing this out! lol) so we do this.

PLAY BALL!!

GO CARDINALS!!

forecast for today is not good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)