Tigers vs Cards W.S. Games 3-7

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Rain and snow delays may take this years World Series into mid-November at this rate. As much as I love baseball, it's gotta be hard for anyone outside of St. Louis and Detroit to get exciting about the World Series when we're nearing the final four weeks of the College Football season.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
i dont know, will they be rusty becaues of the lay - off??

( we both love sports, all of us do. we arent good enough to play, so this is what we have. i hope you know all of this jawing is in fun. i cant hit, pitch, field, (or spell. thanks to several of you for pointing this out! lol) so we do this.

PLAY BALL!!

GO CARDINALS!!

forecast for today is not good

dantheman77,
Once again, I am glad you joined in, in the sports threads with us, this make it much more fun... :D

btw, I too have been watching the doppler in St. Louis most of the day... From what I see cureently , is NO rain, looks like late tonight though.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/even...?name=index_large_animated&from=LAPmaps&day=1

Jimbo

dantheman77

Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
st. louis mo
leaving for thr game now. its overcast but we have had no rain today. weathercasters say we might get some around 8:eek:o but he does not expect it to last long. late at night and all day friday we could have rain , so we have to see.
PLAY BALL!!
GO CARDINALS!!

i have no idea how that face got in there???

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
Dantheman, trust me this is all good fun. Riffjim - right you are about nobody caring outside of the host cities. Check out the TV ratings - lowest for any world series. And I dont care! This has been one fun season for me. Hope my Tigers bounce back tonight. As of 7 pm the game was still a go. GO TIGERS!!!

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
Watching the game tonight on my local FOX HD. I'm not much of a sports fan, I usually find baseball boring, but because of the awesome picture and Dolby 5.1, I find I can't pry my eyes away from it. HD is WOW, this feels more "real" than many times that I have been in a real stadium.

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Does anyone know the last team to come back from a 3-1 deficit in the WS? I can't remember.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Does anyone know the last team to come back from a 3-1 deficit in the WS? I can't remember.

It was posted yesterday by Fox that the St. Louis Cardinals found themselves in the same situation against the KC Royals in the last WS they faced each other. KC ended up winning the WS.

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
It was posted yesterday by Fox that the St. Louis Cardinals found themselves in the same situation against the KC Royals in the last WS they faced each other. KC ended up winning the WS.

I must have been dazing because I missed that. :rolleyes:

Paul Wozniak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 26, 2005
Hamtramck,MI
I'm dumbfounded. Tigers stole defeat from the jaws of victory. You have to admire Eckstein's heart. That little bulldog had a helluva night. The bottom line though is that the Tigers gave this one away. as long as there is still a game left, we still have a chance. However slim.

pjmrt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 13, 2003
Oh please! St Louis is just better than Detroit. Teams make mistakes, and the Cards can also point to ones they've made. It was a wet, soggy field. If you are going to have the current number of teams, pushing the World Series to late October - Its going to happen (or worse - just imagine if the Rockies were in the WS this year (snow ball :D ).).

I think the Tigers and Cards are roughly equally matched, and both with excellant managers. I hope St Louis ends the series tonight, but nothing is for granted. If I recall correctly, the 68 series between Detroit and StLouis also saw StL with a 3-1 game lead, and a Tiger victory in game 7. Lets hope history does not repeat. :D

dantheman77

Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
st. louis mo
i dont think it will tonight. it's crapy in st louis today! rain for hours. i bet the came is called. saturday, they say should be nice. fun game for cards fan last night!. best game of series so far.

PLAY BALL!

GO CARDINALS!

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
i dont think it will tonight. it's crapy in st louis today! rain for hours. i bet the came is called. saturday, they say should be nice. fun game for cards fan last night!. best game of series so far.

PLAY BALL!

GO CARDINALS!

It's 47* in St. Louis and windy with a low of 42, thats not cold.

Just think, if the series ever gets back to Detroit , they will be having the same rain and weather you just had in St. Louis, only slightly colder.

It's been raining up here all day, try working in it all day.

Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Can you say Thanks my Umpires, for SQUEEZING hte plate for the last TWO games on the Tiger pitchers.

It's only the 1st inning and already getting jobbed.
EVEN the home team announcers mentioned that many could have gone either way.
They only show the FOX BOX when they know it's not a strike, I notice the last 4-5 questionable pitches that could have gone either way, they didn't show any of the Fox Box for them.

Hopefully we will have a fairly called game from here on out.

6th inning Weaver strikes out Pudge with strike 2 and 3 well outside, both pitches, but of course Fox Box won't show where they were

Jimbo

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts