Tigers WHIP Yankees - Evil Empire lays another egg

Geronimo

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
12,030
1,612
Ii wonder how long it will take them to figure out that the curse founda new home in'04?
 

uhlesses

SatelliteGuys Guru
Feb 17, 2005
146
0
I must confess that I am a huge Yankee fan, and that I am very disapointed. That said, the Tigers played outstanding baseball and deserved to win. The Tigers played with alot of heart and their pitching was outstanding. Good luck Tiger fans.
 

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,039
1,738
New York City
uhlesses said:
I must confess that I am a huge Yankee fan, and that I am very disapointed. That said, the Tigers played outstanding baseball and deserved to win. The Tigers played with alot of heart and their pitching was outstanding. Good luck Tiger fans.

Dissapointment is an understatement to really understand the frustration of Yankees fan. This one have to hurt more than the 2004 Boston Sweep.
 

Proc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 14, 2005
469
0
Motown
I've been a Tiger fan my whole life (41 years old). I've been to games since I was a little kid. I remember a few years ago when they Tigers lost 119 games sitting in a section when my kid and I were literally the only ones in that section during a late September game. I was at Game 3 the other night. Kenny Rogers pitched incredible. The city has always been a good baseball town, but 19 years of losing has made us hungry. Bonderman was unreal today too. Good pitching can shut down good hitting. And that Yankee lineup is the best lineup I've ever seen.

I grinned when I looked around and surveyed the crowd the other night. A ton of twentysomethings who have never known a winner. A new generation of fans has been born here. Its somewhat magical.

Can the Tigers keep it up and beat the A's? Who knows, but its been great to love baseball again here in Motown...
 

pdxsam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 11, 2004
918
0
Tigard, Oregon
The sad thing is people like Joe Torre will lose their jobs. Torre can't play the game for them. He didn't make any bad moves in the series.... very few in the season.

He's been a great manager during his Yankee tenure.
 

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
64,452
4,549
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Sean Mota said:
Dissapointment is an understatement to really understand the frustration of Yankees fan. This one have to hurt more than the 2004 Boston Sweep.
Really ??
You really feel worse than the Bosox loss ?
I felt all along that if Detroit got the rest they needed for thier pitching that they had the better pitching and should win,but ya never know with the way they ended the season and the Yankees potent offense is always a problem, you just never knew if they were going to snap out of it.

The Tigers during the year were silenced by good pitching as well, they had several streches where they could not hit enough to win.
Bonderman pitched a great game, he had 3-4 games that he lost this year due to no or very little run support, I felt he should have won 17-18 games this year as well, also he had a few no desigins when the bullpen let him down.

Jimbo
 

sidekick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 17, 2005
3,434
8
Port Angeles, Washington
Agreed .. Torre is a class act.


pdxsam said:
The sad thing is people like Joe Torre will lose their jobs. Torre can't play the game for them. He didn't make any bad moves in the series.... very few in the season.

He's been a great manager during his Yankee tenure.
 

bidger`

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 6, 2006
498
0
noyfb
pdxsam said:
The sad thing is people like Joe Torre will lose their jobs. Torre can't play the game for them. He didn't make any bad moves in the series.... very few in the season.

He's been a great manager during his Yankee tenure.
Hmmm...let's see. How about leaving the ace of your staff home in NYC for a Game 5 that never materialized? How about sitting Giambi against a right-hander?

I guess I find the first one the most puzzling since the series was tied when they left on Thursday, so there was no guarantee you'd be coming home for a game 5.

Melky Cabrera was a nice story during the Season, but Giambi offers a better shot at having an impact.

I agree that Joe can't play the game for them, but the idea he didn't make any curious moves doesn't sit with me.
 

joedekock

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 12, 2005
1,136
0
West Michigan
Proc said:
I was at Game 3 the other night. Kenny Rogers pitched incredible.

I was at that game as well!

If Game 2 was not delayed by rain, I really do not believe Verlander would have stood a chance against the Yankees in New York, under the lights. That was a turn around. Then to have Rogers pitch out of his gord, and raise the level of intensity in game 3 at home... that was priceless for Verlander, Robertson, and Bonderman to witness. Because the next night, Bondo pitched with that same intensity. I bet Robertson, and Verlander do as well now.

If I am an Oakland pitcher, I think I can give the Tigers batters a run for their money. If I am an Oakland Batter, I am hoping that I am not going to be the one who fails my team!

The story for the Tigers all year has been the pitching. The hitting is only middle of the road. Although, in the ALDS series, Casey, Guillen, Polanco, and Granderson have been clutch.
 

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,039
1,738
New York City
Jimbos said:
Really ??
You really feel worse than the Bosox loss ?
Jimbo

No question about it. Who is a better team the 2004 Boston Red Sox or the 2006 Detroit Tigers? There were only two players who played to their potential in 2006 series (Jeter and Posada). The rest of the team did not.
 

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
19,039
1,738
New York City
bidger` said:
Hmmm...let's see. How about leaving the ace of your staff home in NYC for a Game 5 that never materialized? How about sitting Giambi against a right-hander?

I guess I find the first one the most puzzling since the series was tied when they left on Thursday, so there was no guarantee you'd be coming home for a game 5.

Melky Cabrera was a nice story during the Season, but Giambi offers a better shot at having an impact.

I agree that Joe can't play the game for them, but the idea he didn't make any curious moves doesn't sit with me.

That was not the reason for losing. Jeter and Posada both hit over .500 and the rest of the team hit .173 that is the problem...
 

bidger`

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 6, 2006
498
0
noyfb
I'm not saying those were the only reason(s) they lost, I was responding to the comment about any questionable moves and the idea that Wong should stay behind in NYC for a game that didn't happen instead of being in Detroit in an attempt to stave off elimination is a questionable move to me.

If he was good enough to start game one, he should be there to at least make an attempt to save your Season. Did Jared Wright seem like the best bet to do that to anyone else?
 

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
23,813
104
Newport News, VA
Sean Mota said:
No question about it. Who is a better team the 2004 Boston Red Sox or the 2006 Detroit Tigers? There were only two players who played to their potential in 2006 series (Jeter and Posada). The rest of the team did not.
You still have to feel worse about the BoSox collapse, that one was 4 straight.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top