Time again - Weekend Satellite Projects?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
1,523
2,127
Mankato, MN
Decided to start a new thread on this since the old one got a little cumbersome :)

Weekend is a couple days away....so

Whatcha got going on in the FTA projects??
 
If my package from Sadoun comes on Friday I'll be busy Saturday for sure with the project :D
(better not rain)
 
I will be continuing work on the "Free Dome"

Or its little brother the "Wee Dome" :p
 

Attachments

  • Pict0176.JPG
    Pict0176.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 285
  • 3000.jpg
    3000.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 251
Hopefully...finding a mount and hooking up the Fortec 120.

May move the channel master dish and realign for SBS6, and a couple others for some college football.

Oh how a desperately need a analog receiver :(

Considering possibly building a fiberglass fence in the front corner of the house so I can mount the 120 on the ground, not block the signal. and paint it the same color of the house.

Has anyone done something like this before? If so, any recomended materials or a paint that would work?
 
scottc98 said:
Oh how a desperately need a analog receiver :(

they are cheap on ebay shipping is what gets ya

scottc98 said:
Has anyone done something like this before? If so, any recomended materials or a paint that would work?

didn't they make those rocks that sat out in the yard to cover up a dish
big rocks..... boulders.....
 
my project is kinda more than a weekend one
have to order a motor & lnb
ok set pole today
lay out coax and prep to bury
install motor & lnb

figure it will probably take close to a week with my work schedule
 
you got all those dishes and your watching tv ...
i won't be able to do that for a couple more days

but it is nice to be getting a package

oh hey iafirebuff i went driving around town the other day
you know looking for folks with fta and maybe spy an old prime*
well low and behold i passed 3 places that were out of business
and they all had a ku dish setup ;o) boy this is like hunting for gold ;o)
 
IaFireBuff: Don't Wait! I spotted a 6 foot dish on a metal stand setup behind a house in a nearby town. The coax was coiled up on the back and it looked unused. Today I went by to ask about the dish and the house was gone! The property was bought for commercial development and they bulldozed everything. I'm still going to see if the dish is available. It's still sitting on a small cement pad at the back corner of the property. No one was around to ask.

This weekend I plan to get the LNB for IA7 mounted permanently and tweaked. The electrical tape and tree bark won't hold forever. I'm also going to try using a signal combiner to put the FTA receiver on channel 4 throughout the house. The "one more dish" fever has hit hard so I'll probably lurk around the area looking for just one more.
 
Now that tropical storm Florence has gone I want to run a couple of new RG6 cables out to my 1.2m dish.Do you guys direct burry the RG6 in the ground or use a pvc conduit?

Dave
 
techpuppy said:
IaFireBuff: Don't Wait! I spotted a 6 foot dish on a metal stand setup behind a house in a nearby town. The coax was coiled up on the back and it looked unused. Today I went by to ask about the dish and the house was gone! The property was bought for commercial development and they bulldozed everything. I'm still going to see if the dish is available. It's still sitting on a small cement pad at the back corner of the property. No one was around to ask.

This weekend I plan to get the LNB for IA7 mounted permanently and tweaked. The electrical tape and tree bark won't hold forever. I'm also going to try using a signal combiner to put the FTA receiver on channel 4 throughout the house. The "one more dish" fever has hit hard so I'll probably lurk around the area looking for just one more.


I been watching this one house, noone is ever home! I need to leave a note :)
 
Eastcoast said:
Now that tropical storm Florence has gone I want to run a couple of new RG6 cables out to my 1.2m dish.Do you guys direct burry the RG6 in the ground or use a pvc conduit?

Dave


I always just bury the cable too. I have some buried cable that is 10 years in the ground with no problems.
 
They didnt have your city listed? I could have sworn "west of the pecos" was on the map. Sadoun had no issue with "places men fear to tread" :D

weather shows it might rain all weekend :(:(
 
Status
Please reply by conversation.
***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)