Time Available Drifting / Changing DVR 625

dgray9

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
I own a Dish 625 DVR in Single Mode .

Up-to-date software Version: L540 .

After the most recent software update ( L540 ) the Time Available on the DVR Menue screen drifts usually downward as I switch channels and switch ( Swap button ) between the two tuners .

i.e. 4h 00m .... 3h 59m ... 3h 57m... etc.

It behaves as if the dvr is not totally erasing / ignoring the data recorded from the previous channel after the channel is changed .

A soft reset restores the Time Available to the correct value, but then the value continues to drift lower as I watch and switch channels .

Any memory discrepancy in the dvr is of concern to me since I have quite a few recordings on the dvr .

I have tried both soft resets and hard (unplug) resets .

Thank you .

I own a Dish 625 DVR in Single Mode .

Up-to-date software Version: L540 .

After the most recent software update ( L540 ) the Time Available on the DVR Menue screen drifts usually downward as I switch channels and switch ( Swap button ) between the two tuners .

i.e. 4h 00m .... 3h 59m ... 3h 57m... etc.

It behaves as if the dvr is not totally erasing / ignoring the data recorded from the previous channel after the channel is changed .

A soft reset restores the Time Available to the correct value, but then the value continues to drift lower as I watch and switch channels .

Any memory discrepancy in the dvr is of concern to me since I have quite a few recordings on the dvr .

I have tried both soft resets and hard (unplug) resets .

Thank you .

You might give Dishnetwork Tech Support a call and ask them.:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)