Time Change

Glad I came here, was having the same problems. Wondered why the hell the create timer screen would keep appearing when I tried to select a different channel in the guide. My guide is still screwed up.

When Dish gets the issue resolves, will my timers be ok? Got a bunch of stuff lined up and dont want to lose anything.

Same problem with my 722k in Seattle. DVR shows time already rolled back. The guide shows correct time, but it's all busted and can't navigate etc. What a screw up. Think of all the folks who lost football recordings tonight!

No ossues with 722 here. Had recordings set for 3am on both tuners.programming recorded like it was supposed to. Receveir then went onto nightly up date mode when recordings done

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

No ossues with 722 here. Had recordings set for 3am on both tuners.programming recorded like it was supposed to. Receveir then went onto nightly up date mode when recordings done

Ross

That was after the time change. Looks like most of the issues reported here were from before the change...

My guide was definitely messed up. I'm in the Mountain time zone. From about 8 or 9 PM on when I selected premium channels it would go to the timer screen even though it was a "live" event on the listing. The time would go back and forth from 1 hour early to the correct time.

No biggie since I managed to select something to watch 'til I shut things down for the night but a bit irritating that the Dish programmers can't get this right after all these years.

I wonder if these receivers (mine's a 722) still use Linux as an OS? If so, I always had trouble with our Linux machines on DST changes at work also, possibly the cause?

My schedule was screwed up after the time change. Tried a red button reset, still no good in fact the schedule only show 2 of my timers. I couldn't set an event, kept telling me there was an conflict where I could see there wasn't. It flashed on screen to do a 10 sec power cord reboot. So I did and things seem to be OK now. This is really BS the whole thing should have been fixed when it did the over night update.

What I found to be funny was that flipping through my channels. The local channels were operating on EDT. However, when I was watching Unstoppable on Cinemax, it was delayed one hour. I flipped through some other premiums I found that HBO also was playing movies on a delay.

On my 211 the program guide and my timers were showing times one hour ahead of the actual broadcast time, but only for shows after the 2AM time change. One hour of programming was hidden (the second 2-3 AM timeslot). Sometime after the time change the times were readjusted and I didn't lose any timers. But I schedule updates for 4AM and the actual time for this AM's update was 5AM. Interestingly, I checked DISH's online guide and it was correct, showing 2AM, 2:30AM, 2AM, 2:30AM, 3AM. I saw that DISH's online guide is actually zap2it.com's guide. Perhaps DISH should adapt that guide for the onscreen guide.

thank goodness everything worked out at 2AM (yeah I was up....watching the Hawaii game) and the 211 is just fine now

all reoccuring timers show correctly

We go through this every time change. Once the time actually changes the timers all fall in just fine. It's been that way for years....

cosmo_kramer said:
That was after the time change. Looks like most of the issues reported here were from before the change...

True but how many folks were still up at 2am. Also my point was what ever the issues were thehy did affect timers set for after 2 am.
Wife did mention that there were some weird things going on with the guide on tv2 around 10-11 pm eastern, but didn't affect what she was watching. I was watching Roku.

Ross

I had a movie split into two last night & it looks like this was the issue.

I don't know about the guide issues as I was watching a bluray.

with the time change and a check switch my event skipped by user and manual restores disappeared, I think this has happened before, but I never remember to check after the change, meaning things I want got skipped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts