Time for new 360???

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Ok my Elite 360 (this is my freaking 3rd 360 since release) WHAT A **** JOB MICROSOFT YOU GUYS B****W.
Anyways, my 360 decided not to read cd's or games anymore, its no longer under warranty and I don't want to pay 100$ for microsoft to send me a refurbished one.
I am thinking about just sucking up the additional 200$ and get the new model with wireless and bigger HDD....
What do you guys think?
I have a PS3 also...and believe it or not its the release date one and still working o_O...

If you like the 360, then spring for the new one for sure.

Your experience with the 360 is like mine with the PS3s. I went through 2 of them myself and I can't figure out why as all I really used them for as BD playback and an occasional game.

We are facing the same thing. Son stormed into the room last night, all upset over a RRoD. Diagnostics say it is an airflow issue, so I've got nothing to lose in taking it apart tonight and cleaning it. Otherwise, it is likely a new box.

When you have major $$ invested in software, the hardware decisiion becomes forced.

Replace the dvd drive. You can watch viedos on youtube on how to do it and pick up a dvd drive for around $30.00 on ebay much cheaper. Just my 2 cents.

Wow, I say my PS3 and Xbox 360 experiance has been somewhat even both have been replaced however Sony charged me 150 bucks for the damn Blue Ray drive that just dies

Replace the dvd drive. You can watch viedos on youtube on how to do it and pick up a dvd drive for around $30.00 on ebay much cheaper. Just my 2 cents.
I may have to do that soon. My DVD drive is starting to really die out. A month or two ago it took about 10+ attempts for it to read a damn disc. Haven't had the issue since, but still a concern.

Ok my Elite 360 (this is my freaking 3rd 360 since release) WHAT A **** JOB MICROSOFT YOU GUYS B****W.
Anyways, my 360 decided not to read cd's or games anymore, its no longer under warranty and I don't want to pay 100$ for microsoft to send me a refurbished one.
I am thinking about just sucking up the additional 200$ and get the new model with wireless and bigger HDD....
What do you guys think?
I have a PS3 also...and believe it or not its the release date one and still working o_O...

How much play time has your PS3 gotten compared to your 360? I have yet to play a game on my PS3 yet, only blu-ray movies.

I'm not much of a gamer but I did finally get tired of resoldering the GPU chip on the board. It takes me about 2 hours and is quite annoying. The new 360 is of a different MB and chip set. Time will tell if it is better. I suppose the good news is the new one pumps out quite a bit more hot air than the old one so I have to assume it is more efficient at heat removal. Regardless, I did buy the Best Buy extended warranty for total replacement. I rarely do this but decided to do it this time because of the past track record. My gut feeling is it is like paying protection . Every time I buy one of these warranties, I never have to use it. That's a good thing. If that's the case here, I should be very happy with the longer life of this 360 for the additional money I paid for protection.

Now, what do I do with my old 360?

I rarely play on it anymore other than movies... I am thinking about getting the new halo reach limited from costco for 389$ it's a good deal compared to the 299$ one. You get console, 2 controllers, wifi connection and the 60$ game.

What do you guys think?
Same experience for me! I play both systems a lot but use the PS3 a lot more! My wii well should have never gotten it! My kids 360 are all okay but they are new.

I'd spring for a new 250GB 360. You'll get something for your broken one on ebay.

Do you get the RROD instantly, if not take it to Gamestop, I got $100 for a RROD unit a couple of months ago when the new Xbox was released. They had an special offer.

Also for I got $200 for my old 40Gb PS3, the unit was getting stuck and frozen once in a while at 1st then at least daily. Got me a 120GB new model.

Do you get the RROD instantly, if not take it to Gamestop, I got $100 for a RROD unit a couple of months ago when the new Xbox was released. They had an special offer.

Also for I got $200 for my old 40Gb PS3, the unit was getting stuck and frozen once in a while at 1st then at least daily. Got me a 120GB new model.

Seems unethical to me. GS stopped accepting RRoD trade ins some time ago. We talked to them and bit the bullet for a new 250 gb slim.

I went ahead and bought the new 360 Halo limited from Coscto for $389! Plus got a $10 discount off the 12 months subscription so instead of $38.99 it cost me $28.99!
Plus Costco will give me a 1 year warranty, so if my 360 takes a dump before the one year I get to exchange it for another one or cash back if they don't have it in stock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)