Time to leave TurboHD?

You don't have that quite correct. The $44.99 is TurboHD (Dish America) Silver including locals then then addition $6 is the DVR fee -- at least that is how my bill is.
Yes you are right. So to switch it would be Turbo Silver - 50.99 (44.99 + 6) vs. AT200 - 58.99 (52.99 + 6)? And of course there is the price increase so its $10 like the other post said. Hmm $10 to get all the "Silver" HDs plus any HD they add.

But since I have the older dish configuration, what is going to cost to get eastern arc if I switch?

I'm still curious if Palladia and HD theater are leaving the Turbo packs since I read that they'd be part of platinum on the Free HD folks' side.

That appears to be the case.

So they won't add HD to the Turbo packages but they will take them away? Thats BS!

From another thread:
This is from a Dish Network Retailer email from our distributor today:

Existing Customer Accounts Already Subscribing to the $10/mo. “HD & Platinum” Add-on Before June 3, 2010 – Existing customers who were subscribing to the $10/mo. “HD & Platinum” package prior to June 3, 2010, will be automatically grandfathered into “HD Free for Life” without being required to enter into a 24-month “HD Free for Life” commitment OR pay the $99 HD Programming Upgrade Fee. These customers will experience no price change due to their participation in this offer; they will receive “HD Free for Life” for the life of their account and will be charged for the $10/mo. HDPlatinum add-on package.
If this is true then I might soon switch to the Top 120+ package.

This is what I was afraid of. This is basically a hidden price increase to our packages and on top of that, they will not even allow us to BUY Platinum!!

Are there any other channels "jumping packages" for this new setup? I only ask so that I may decide to buy the best package now for me w/o being shocked when say Fox News goes to AT250 only or something.

I have TurboHD Silver/America Silver or whatever it is called. Right now, I pay $44.99 w/ locals and another $7 for a secondary receiver. 1st question, does anyone know when the two channels - Palladia and HD Theater - are supposed to move out of the HD only packages?

2nd question, if I go to the AT200, is that the "silver" of the other packages? What do I get for $55 per month versus the $45 I am paying now? I have a hard time justifying spending an additional $10/month for channels I may not watch.

I think June 3rd is the cut date.Some channels off the top of my head for AT200 include TCM, Hallmark, Fox News, MTV, VH1, F:mad:?), Nickelodeon, TV Land (SD), etc.

Actually I think it will be:
Code:
DishAmerica          $35
Top 120              $40
Top 120 + RSN        $45
DishAmerica Silver   $45
Top200               $55 
 DishAmerica Gold    $55
Top250               $65
All packages include locals and is reflective of the new pricing (after June 3).

Well, that's a great reason to switch to Top 120 from America Silver, it's cheaper and you get more channels! I might even switch to Top 200, I do miss my Sirius channels!

Don't forget that you need to add $10 for HD + Platinum to the "Top" packages until June 3rd. Assuming you are then grandfathered into Free HD with Platinum at the same price, you can drop Platinum to get back down to those base prices.

I switched to AT120 with HD+ Platinum last night. I'm already happier. It wasn't much more per month and I'm getting quite a few extra channels from my TurboHD Bronze package. And I still think the extra for platinum is well worth it.

Don't forget that you need to add $10 for HD + Platinum to the "Top" packages until June 3rd. Assuming you are then grandfathered into Free HD with Platinum at the same price, you can drop Platinum to get back down to those base prices.

I will definitely do that if I switch - with that new pricing chart, it almost makes it look like they might be changing the channels in the HD only packages, so I am going to wait and see if I can get a definite answer about that before I decide to switch or not, but I will definitely make my decision before June 3rd!

I switched to AT120 with HD+ Platinum last night. I'm already happier. It wasn't much more per month and I'm getting quite a few extra channels from my TurboHD Bronze package. And I still think the extra for platinum is well worth it.

If I switch, I'm going to switch to the same package. Just interested, did you get your RSNs in your package or not?

because they are taking away 2 channels across the board from HD only (palladia and HD theater) but only lowering the price of the bronze. Silver and gold might get some non fox or viacom channels that are now in HD and don't have SD channels holding them back.

What makes you think that? I'm not getting the vibe that they will be adding any channels.

They probably won't I guess it is just wishful thinking, but I was thinking that they way they priced them on that chart it makes it look like the HD packages are the same as the AT packages. Top 120 and America Silver are both $44.99 and Top 200 and America Gold are both $54.99.

EA Peak

System info 6-1-3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)