Time Warner Cable Dropping HDNet Channels Nationwide May 31

Oh yes they would. They show the dream fights

At least the TW subs will get to see Dream 9.. it looks like a pretty good card. Plus, Jose Canseco vs. Hong man choi!

Too bad they won't be able to see Jose win the tournament in the future. Ha!

On another note, HDNet is one channel I would change providers for, if my current one stopped carrying it.

TWC in our area have been adding alot of HD channels. I would rather watch something on for lack of a better term"main stream " channels( locals,USA, SCFI,BTN,VS,FX,etc.)

Is there only limited bandwidth on a cable system, so that they can only carry so many HD channels?

This is not an issue of programming, choice, or whatever.... it is about money, cost. However TWC decides to promote the decision, in the backroom where the decision is made, it is cost. Either Cuban is asking too much or TWC is cutting expenses, or both. It is possible that TWC announced this early to see if there is an uproar from their subscribers that is worth changing the deal. I like the channels so if I were a TWC customer, I would complain. If it provides the reason for satellite providers to drop the channels, I become a highly vocal, unhappy, camper.

This is not an issue of programming, choice, or whatever.... it is about money, cost. However TWC decides to promote the decision, in the backroom where the decision is made, it is cost. Either Cuban is asking too much or TWC is cutting expenses, or both. It is possible that TWC announced this early to see if there is an uproar from their subscribers that is worth changing the deal. I like the channels so if I were a TWC customer, I would complain. If it provides the reason for satellite providers to drop the channels, I become a highly vocal, unhappy, camper.

Never cared about this channel, or the other 4 TWC offer in their, so called, HD TIER, for an extra $5. Complete waste of $ IMHO.

Hell, if they get rid of that tier, and decided to add The NFL Network HD/SD in it's place, I am all for it. I doubt that though. I still think the cable companies are right about that channel's cost, and the NFL needs a serious comeupance/kick in it's A** over that one. MLB actually got this one right over the NFL by making the cable companies "partners" with their channel, and the MLB Network, especially in HD, is AWESOME. I recommend people to check it out.

With the new SDV in place, we(TWC customers) should be seeing about 5 new HD channels every 31 days(some more or less) or so to take us to about 100 at the end of 2009, and the beginning of 2010.

HDNet is the only place to get uncensored concerts -- not just on Dish, but maybe anywhere since Voom is gone. We need that, because censorship is aggravating in its stupidity.

Oh, I use my DVR extensively, but I get really tired of their long infomercials interrupting a good movie. Sure, skip forward/fast forward work fine, but it's pretty annoying anyway.
I'm confused. You lost interest in the movies on that channel, even though you said skipping works fine?

Maybe you are pickier than I am, but it seems like it's fine and takes only a couple of seconds to move past. They used to have intermissions at movies - to give people a break so they didn't miss anything when they needed to get some more snacks or use the restroom.

Used to watch Smallville in HD on HDNET, but now I have the HD DVDs and Blu-rays of seasons 5-7. And the complete set of DVD's for 1-5.

I'm confused. You lost interest in the movies on that channel, even though you said skipping works fine?

Maybe you are pickier than I am, but it seems like it's fine and takes only a couple of seconds to move past. They used to have intermissions at movies - to give people a break so they didn't miss anything when they needed to get some more snacks or use the restroom.

Pressing that "skip" button to avoid commercials actually uses more calories than you might think. In the course of a two hour movie, you might have to press the skip button up to 10 times, at about 2 calories per button press. You are easily talking about exerting 20 calories, assuming that you lay motionless on the couch the entire time. If you have to move your position on the couch, you could be talking about another 3 or 4 calories. It all adds up!

Pressing that "skip" button to avoid commercials actually uses more calories than you might think. In the course of a two hour movie, you might have to press the skip button up to 10 times, at about 2 calories per button press. You are easily talking about exerting 20 calories, assuming that you lay motionless on the couch the entire time. If you have to move your position on the couch, you could be talking about another 3 or 4 calories. It all adds up!
LOL. You must have a bigger thumb than I do, because it takes me a couple hundred button pushes (or more) to get close to one calorie burned. :D

LOL. You must have a bigger thumb than I do, because it takes me a couple hundred button pushes (or more) to get close to one calorie burned. :D

I could live w/the skipping commercials, but aren't most or all of the movies on Universal edited now? I gave up on it a few months ago when I noticed the editing, and the fact that most of the movies were washed-up action star's straight-to-video films.

For cryin' out loud... Which takes up more space on an EHD - a movie that runs 2:45 because it's full of commercials, or the same movie running 2:00 without commercials?

It's not rocket science, really...

So you won't be blind-sided when Charlie follows suit and drops HDNet. At least you were warned.

There was already a thread a few weeks ago, about a rumor of Dish dropping the channels, and Mark Cuban himself emailed Scott to confirm that the rumor was totally false.

So, I would not worry about it... unless Mark disses Charlie's mama... :eek:

There was already a thread a few weeks ago, about a rumor of Dish dropping the channels, and Mark Cuban himself emailed Scott to confirm that the rumor was totally false.

So, I would not worry about it... unless Mark disses Charlie's mama... :eek:

Those denials don't mean much. HDNet has a contract with Dish and nothing can be done until then. The fun begins at contract expiration.

Doesnt work. I skip commercials all the time and I havent dropped a single ounce. Maybe I need to watch more TNT and skip more of them.

Doesnt work. I skip commercials all the time and I havent dropped a single ounce. Maybe I need to watch more TNT and skip more of them.

I'd like to skip the new left hand banner ad on this site for us non supporting members. Very intrusive and I would bet money that site visits go down. I know I'll be visiting this site less with this ad so annoyingly placed. I have been contributing to this site since like 2007. It is the visitors, paying and not paying, that make the discussion worth coming to the site. But I am not going to look at that much. I guess it is time to move on. Yuck. I already have a headache watching it flash while typing this.

I occasionally click on the less annoying sponse ads, but I'll make it a point to avoid this ad.

For cryin' out loud... Which takes up more space on an EHD - a movie that runs 2:45 because it's full of commercials, or the same movie running 2:00 without commercials?

It's not rocket science, really...
Crying out loud indeed! A: the latter.

Why didn't you say that before? You gave up/don't want to watch a movie because it takes up more room on your HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts