Time Warner is a rip off!

TheHack1

Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
CA
I can't believe that I pay Time Warner $160 for Center Ice and I still can't watch all the Sharks' games with out paying them more money for NHL Network. For $160 they should include NHL Network with the package. With only one game at most a month that is on NHL Network and not on Center Ice, there is no way I'm going to pay them a monthly fee for that channel. Guest I'll have to listen to the game on internet radio tonight. This is Bullsh*t!!!

Time Warner doesn't own Center Ice. They license it from NHL (through In Demand), and so the price-point is greatly driven by how much the NHL themselves want to get from you. So your thread title, and indignation, is misdirected. You should be expressing your anger at the NHL, not Time Warner.

This is an incredibly common error consumers make, lashing out at a convenient or favorite whipping boy instead of at the true source of their grievance.

FYI:
WHAT IS NHL®CENTER ICE®?
NHL CENTER ICE is a digital subscription programming package of NHL regular season and select playoff games that are played outside your local viewing area. The hockey games included in NHL CENTER ICE are in addition to those available nationally on VERSUS, NBC, the NHL Network and your in-market networks (such as a regional sports network and/or over-the-air station).

ARE NHL PLAYOFF GAMES INCLUDED IN NHL®CENTER ICE®?
Yes, select games from the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup playoffs are included in your NHL CENTER ICE subscription.

IF I ONLY WANT TO WATCH MY HOME TEAM, SHOULD I PURCHASE NHL®CENTER ICE®?
No, NHL CENTER ICE is designed for you to be able to watch games outside of your local market (i.e. other then just your home team).
Local games are generally available on your regional sports network (RSN) or an over-the-air network.

HOW MANY GAMES CAN I EXPECT TO SEE ON NHL®CENTER ICE®?
As an NHL CENTER ICE subscriber, you will see up to 40 games a week (from outside your local viewing area) throughout the regular season and select games from the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup® playoffs, including a number of games in high definition.

WHY ARE THERE BLACKOUTS?
Blackout restrictions exist to protect the local television telecasters of each NHL game in the local markets of the teams. Blackouts are not based on arena sell-outs. Keep in mind that blackout policies and restrictions are different for every sports package that your system may carry. (Remember, if you ONLY want to watch your home team, then NHL CENTER ICE should not be purchased. NHL CENTER ICE is designed for the NHL fan who wants to see NHL games other than just those which involve their local team).
It always pays to learn about what you're paying for before you subscribe to it, so you're not surprised. Relying what you wish you would be provided for what you're paying for, instead of what you're actually promised, is a sure-fire way of setting yourself up for disappointment and dissatisfaction.

I can't believe that I pay Time Warner $160 for Center Ice and I still can't watch all the Sharks' games with out paying them more money for NHL Network. For $160 they should include NHL Network with the package. With only one game at most a month that is on NHL Network and not on Center Ice, there is no way I'm going to pay them a monthly fee for that channel. Guest I'll have to listen to the game on internet radio tonight. This is Bullsh*t!!!

Whats the big deal anyways. Pick up the Sports Tier and you will get the channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)