timer conflict resolution is utterly broken on my HWS

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Tonight I tried to create a series timer for a program that's scheduled at the same time as three existing series timers. I expected that, since it was a series timer, it would automatically record the next showing. Instead, it brought me to the conflict resolution screen. I took the opportunity to select a different program that I was least interested in seeing the same night, and that had the most reruns scheduled during the week, and selected "record next showing" from the menu which popped up. Instead of recording the next showing, it deleted the timer! (To be clear, this wasn't even the new timer, but a pre-existing one.)

So, I went into the guide and found that program that I wanted to be the last priority, and selected "record series", expecting it to create a timer with the lowest priority and automatically record the next showing. Of course, it brought me to the conflict resolution screen again. Selecting that program and selecting "record next showing" resulted in that timer being deleted too!

Finally, I went into the guide and selected a later showing of that program and selected "record series". This time it did indeed create the timer with the lowest priority and schedule the second showing to be recorded -- but it created the timer as "new and reruns" instead of just new.

Needless to say, I never had this problem with my 622, and I don't remember having it on my HWS before the CUI. I have to wonder if Dish ever tested the CUI on anything other than a Hopper 3, or if so, how anyone with any integrity whatsoever could release it!

Reactions: pattykay
Yeah I did, just forgot to mention it. But that's the only thing that worked right out of the whole exercise...

Reactions: Tampa8
My hws also has been having problems with recording the next airing when there is a conflict. Everyday I go into the scheduled list and see if any skipped due to a conflict are set to record the next time. Usually it is but some times not. It sucks but it's better To be safe.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My hws also has been having problems with recording the next airing when there is a conflict. Everyday I go into the scheduled list and see if any skipped due to a conflict are set to record the next time. Usually it is but some times not. It sucks but it's better To be safe.
Yep, best to be safe to check for schedule issues. It is so super nice with Hopper 3. I have to pinch myself every time I turn on my Hopper. I have never seen a conflict since up grading to H3 from HWS. You will love it dennispap if you up grade sometime.

Dish should be paying us to upgrade to the H3, since they broke our H1s and H2s.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)