Timer Problems - 922, DRA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

badpenguin

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2011
Little Rock, Arkansas
I have submitted reports to Dish customer support, posted on the dish support forums, brought these problems up in chats with dish support, and had phone calls with customer support. Not a single response from Dish in over a month. Maybe someone from Dish will respond to posts here?

The most irritating bug. Timers created online via DRA turn on protection for each timer, requiring me to enter my PIN every time I delete one of these recordings. Turning protect off via "Edit Timer", no effect. There is no option in DRA to adjust this setting. There is no way other than online to create dish passes (the 2nd most irritating bug).

Via the iphone app, select HD only, the timer is set to SD only, and the inverse. Can't recall if this happens via DRA also or not.

DRA, half the time, fails to show the "Grid" screen. Just draws a gray box with no contents.

The onscreen menus are too large, can't see the very top or the items on the left. There appears to be no way to adjust overscan. I can "move" the screen around via settings, but it just hides what is on the bottom or right instead of top or left.

I have not see the issue with passwords on DRA set timers. I have never used passwords on timers.

As far as overscan there is 0 overscan on Dish's menu/guides. Your projector must be doing it. Under menu->settings->screen adjustment perhaps the "-" will shrink it down enough for you.

I have not see the issue with passwords on DRA set timers. I have never used passwords on timers.
Me neither! DRA has stuck them on there for me without my consent and won't let me turn them off ;)

As far as overscan there is 0 overscan on Dish's menu/guides. Your projector must be doing it. Under menu->settings->screen adjustment perhaps the "-" will shrink it down enough for you.
Holy Cow. I can finally see the entire guide. I could have sworn I checked that setting before, I am a complete idiot for not finding it on my own. The problem was particularly bad when viewing My Recordings, the titles of the shows were not visible at the top of the menu.

Thanks Mike!

I will see what I can find out on the DRA issue. I have a tester box here and I will see what I can do to recreate it. I do have a contact on DRA. He would likely be able to provide the answer as to "why" it happens on a for-certain basis.

Also, you could PM me your phone number. I thought I remembered seeing a preference option about it as well, but I cannot be sure and checking (due to the fact it is a preference) must be done by account as it is account based.

Timers created online via DRA turn on protection for each timer, requiring me to enter my PIN every time I delete one of these recordings. Turning protect off via "Edit Timer", no effect.

Correction, Recurring timers created via DRA turn the protection on for each timer on a 922, no matter what options you select on DRA, Dish Passes or not. Tony from Dish is checking it out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)