Timers off because of time change?

markav

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
Just not my weekend with this machine. I see most or all of my timers are an hour late, presumably due to the time change. I just missed West Wing, argh!

Is there an easy fix, or do I have to delete them all and reset them?

Timers

IF they were a weekly timer you should be fine ie more than once, I created some last nice for the nascar race and packer game, realized they were 1 hr off deleted them and recreated them, but the weekly timers should be fine.

When time changes, the EPG gets messed up. Subsequent timers based on the EPG get messed up. Turn off the box for a while, let the EPG download and correct itself, and your timers will fix themselves...

The original poster didn't way what machine he was using.... But, I'd assume a 501/508/510.

It's only been what, 5 years. Maybe in another 5 they'll get this working (actually, if name-based-recording ever shows up the problem should go away).

The EPG is incorrect for events that cross over the time change. So, an event created on Sat (DST) for Monday (Std-Time) would have the wrong start-end times (doesn't matter if is one-time or weekly). The EPG corrects itself after the clock changes.

Remember the 50x only stores start/end times. Previously created (weekly) events are fine (because the start/end times are correct).

Amazingly, the 921 actually did it right this year by repeating the 1:00 hour twice (in the EPG)...

11, 12, 1, 1, 2, 3....

I have to disagree with you on the weekly recording thing. I have a 508 that I had set up to record 24 on WGN at 9pm weekly. Well the recording stayed at 9pm, but 24 moved up to 8pm (all central times) on the EPG, so I missed the recording. And, everything I have set up as weekly to record prior to 11/1 is all off. If you look at the recordings scheduled for 11/1 and after, they are set to fire correctly....

Desperate Housewives never recorded at 9pm last night for me. Grr. 2nd one this year that my 921 has failed to record.

Charmed also screwed up on WPIX, but I was able to make a backup on KTLA a few hours later.

My 508 recorded a weekly 11:05 p.m. show last night with no problem, and I didn't change that setting from the week before. I also added a few shows Saturday night (before the time change) to record Sunday night, and they recorded on time as well. No problems with my 721 either--i.e., everything recorded at the times I wanted.

P.S. Desperate Housewives was a repeat (the season opener), so you didn't miss anything there! :)

David_Levin said:
The original poster didn't way what machine he was using.... But, I'd assume a 501/508/510.

Actually, a 522. It's funny, I don't recall this being a problem during previous time changes. I've had the machine for well over a year now.

As a couple others have stated, my weekly/regular timers were also messed up.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll try to get it to download the guide and see if that works.

Yeah, you must have because I still have p303 on my 508 as well. But it is now 11/1 and all of the timers should now match the EPG... Now we have to wait another 360+ days before this happens again....lol.

jbcheshire said:
Yeah, you must have because I still have p303 on my 508 as well. But it is now 11/1 and all of the timers should now match the EPG... Now we have to wait another 360+ days before this happens again....lol.

Actually - 180 days when we "Spring Forward" on April 2, 2006 back to DST. ;)