Timers on Hopper 3 & Dish Anywhere Don’t Match

TalonDancer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
Today our Hooper 3 lists 33 timers. But Dish Anywhere (web and iOS) only lists 16 timers. On the Hopper 3 the priorities of the 33 timers increase sequentially from 1-33 as one would expect. But the priorities of the 16 timers in the Dish Anywhere list jump over the priorities of the missing timers (i.e. 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 20, 21, 24, 26, 28, 30, 31, 33.) In other words, the priorities of Dish Anywhere timers match the Hooper 3 Timers for the same program, but roughly half of the timers are missing.

Is anyone else seeing this Hopper 3 v Dish Anywhere timer list mis-match?

Yeh, it only seems to show timers that have been active (scheduled/recorded/skipped) recently. I've never bothered with timers on DA other than setting a few, so I don't know it this is something new or not.

I have a HWS, but I have had the same thing happen with Dish Anywhere. Sometimes, all of the timers do not show up. Even worse, sometimes all of my DVR recordings do not show up, making it impossible to watch the shows that don't show up. Meanwhile, my HWS shows all of the timers and all of the recorded shows. Sometimes, the missing DVR recordings will magically appear the next day.

Dish Anywhere is nice when it works, but it is very quirky, and not always reliable.

Reactions: JSheridan
DA has always worked that way, it will only show active and skipped timers it will not show the rest.

Thanks Guys. At least I now know that the missing timers aren’t a “personal problem”.

FWIW I frequently use the web version of the Dish Anywhere Guide to look for programs/movies to record. But the flaky DVR info (e.g. missing timers, missing recordings. etc.) makes even that limited use problematic. For example, “Did I already record that program/movie or it is covered by an existing timer?”. The overall Dish Anywhere experience is like using a beta that is never quite finished.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)