timetrax alternatives?

theosus

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2004
due in part to the closure of timetrax, I have been doing some research into alternatives, for when my computer eventually crashes again (i am running windows xp pro - so its a given it will crash eventually, or i will have to upgrade to vista....)
I have discovered the following:
find out how to make your own xm-direct to pc serial cable on i-hacked.com you can buy the cables, connectors and stuff, even a serial-usb converter cable from tigerdirect.
download xtremePCR (google) to control the xm direct. you may or may not need the timetrax demo version to initialize your radio. (just start timetrax, and once the radio is on, turn timetrax off... then start another control program and the radio should come on. only try this if your other program doesnt turn on the radio).
I know... if timetrax disappears.... where do you get the demo? just ask someone here. i wouldnt mind putting my version 3.2 on the web.... after all, the demo version was freeware!
use ConRec and ConPlay by mbro to save the audio programs into WAV files. google conrec and mbro... download them
use dbpoweramp (free) to batch convert the wavs into MP3s.
The nice thing about doing all this instead of timetrax? no digital watermarks. if you make yourself a cd of your favorites and lose it...and the songs wind up on the net -theres no way to trace it back to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts