timetrax or the S50...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stressed

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2005
howdy

i've been recording stern using a RadioyourWay for a few years. i've been on the net for hours looking for info on recording sirius.

i stumbled on this product and was pretty excited about it BUT. i'm not a software geek and i'm impatient. if i buy this product and i have software problems, my stress levels will go up and i might very well go insane. that being said, would you guys who have it, recommend it? i've read the complaints and am concerned.

help me flip that coin. i'm not made of bucks but i'm less concerned about the money than the best way to record the show. the S50 for hundreds of dollars plus this add on and that add on or timetrax?

timetrax guy. convince me.

HOWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
weekend. :)

I am not the time trex guy but I purchased it and that gives me the right to comment. I purchased it for $30.00 and it works wonderfull. I could not have done better myself :)

But my experimental modified radio died due to modifications and Time Trex will not reply to my requests to transfer the license to my new radio. I have four XM radios and they are worthless for time shifting XM. After one year all support vanishes so I image they are waiting for that to happen before they respond. The license they give you is limited just to that radio ID and will not work with any other. Four radios and one is dead along with Time Trex.

[MODERATOR DELETED COMMENTS]

sgiddens said:
my experimental modified radio died due to modifications and Time Trex will not reply to my requests to transfer the license to my new radio.

I can't imagine why it would be difficult to have your license transferred...

TT,

Do you have any comments on this?

I just put together an extensive reply that I accidentally hosed... here is try two - much more succinct.

I can't imagine why it would be difficult to have your license transferred...

TT,

Do you have any comments on this?

The license is tied to the radio. This was a choice that was made a long time ago for lots of good reasons and for the most part our customers have loved it. We used to be a bit more flexible on the policy, however we were methodically taken advantage of numerous times and we had no way to tell when that was going to happen.

Our licensing is going to change. Anyone who purchased TT or Recast does not have to worry - we are going to be working to take care of anyone that is an existing customer when the time comes for the change.

Due to circumstances out of our control, the software went out the door including the new licensing platform before we were ready. We have been focusing on software issues and support issues and have not finished the decisions about the ins and outs of the new scheme. What's important is that if you are a customer now, although I'm sure you are curious, you need not be concerned. I hope we can get something out soon - at the very least a timeline on a firm 'plan'.

i stumbled on this product and was pretty excited about it BUT. i'm not a software geek and i'm impatient. if i buy this product and i have software problems, my stress levels will go up and i might very well go insane. that being said, would you guys who have it, recommend it? i've read the complaints and am concerned.

Here's my shot at the bottom line for you: your concerns are valid - our customers are upset because TT has disappointed them in two ways: 1. we released software long before it was ready and it caused a lot of headaches and miserable experiences for our customers and 2. we dropped the ball on communicating and supporting our customers the way that they deserve to be treated.

We had a perfect recipe for disaster. Everyone at TT has been working almost literally around the clock to patch things up for our customers and to get back on track. We are not there, but we are close, and I'm hopeful and very optimistic that things are different around here.

Now after hearing that - why would you want to give TT a shot? Scott as an individual and TT as a company has put a lot on the line to do what we do. Besides the technology and the delivery to our customers, there is a lot of work going into our efforts on the legal, PR and political fronts. We are if not the only one, one of the very few commercial enterprises directly in this space that is taking a well rounded approach to not only deliver products, but to protect our rights as digital consumers and to stand up to the powers that be. Of course, we've still got to deliver the products that our customers want successfully and that remains our #1 focus right now. We are the only significant commercial venture that does what we do. We are funded, have employees, etc. We are going to stand behind our products and continually innovate. You get something different from TT than you get from individuals and/or shareware and freeware.

I hope that you will join us- it's been a fun and wild ride and the great thing is that it is just beginning. As we did last year, we will be at the Consumer Electronics Show in January of 2006 and that is where you can expect us to announce 'what's next' which I personally guarantee you will be even bigger news that the launch of the company that got covered in almost every major newspaper in the WORLD (not even just in the US).

Let me know if you've got any questions and I'll do my best to help you out.

David
Time Trax

There are many, many issues when it comes to recording SIRIUS and catching the Stern show. Since it is on the same time day after day, simply setting a radio to that station and plugging it into the line in on your computer will make recording simple from 1000 different MP3 recording programs. However, that also means that your radio has to be tuned to the proper channel everyday!

You definately are able to say, I want to record channel 52 from 8am to 11am everyday. That you can do with TimeTrax. TimeTrax will turn the station and start recording.

But TT has a couple more features, for example, the ability to chop up the recordings based on the title/artist of a channel. They also changed the PID structure for the s50 so now most program/station breaks have a different structure than others (don't know if the TT boys have caught that yet). Also simply by having the title/artist information different when commercials play can make listening to stern easier to bear without commercials - BUT in the end, we won't know if SIRIUS will be using PID structure to mark commercials or content and we don't know if SIRIUS will change the title/artist information for SIRIUS content. But that just has to do with if the radio can record Stern and mark him seperate from his commercials.

We also don't know if the S50 will have the ability to record based on a schedule! :eek: and we won't know until the S50 starts shipping in the comming weeks.

I do know this, the RIAA has recently started attacking SIRIUS and XM. That means that recordability may become a problem in the future or it may not. It means we may see issues with recordability of SIRIUS with the S50 - nobody knows. We could see the S50 have expiration dates on recorded content like TIVO has started doing. Then again, we may not. SIRIUS has also recently rendered all existingly stored song seeks in their radios useless with the s50 changes to the statellite streams, so that means, they are prepared to mess with features of your hardware in the future - which really pisses me off personally.

Please remember, which ever way you go, for best SIRIUS Reception, you NEED TO PUT THE ANTENNA OUTSIDE! Perferably on the roof pointing straight up! Make sure you can get the SIRIUS signal inside your house, appartment or bat cave - without that, nothing else will matter.

What's the downside? Well a couple, you'll need TimeTrax specific hardware and software - that mean you can't take the radio from your house to your car like you can the s50, it also means you have to have an MP3 player to take your Stern content off your computer. You'll need 2 subscriptions from SIRIUS if you want it in your house and your car with TT, not so with the S50.

thanks for the reply david.

your company seems to have started this market so i guess i'll give it a whirl.

keep working on the software. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts