TimeTrax recorded dead air!!!!

rhiggins

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Last night I setup the TimeTrax Recast recording timer schedule to start recording Howard Stern (Channel 100) at 5:00 AM AZ Time (until 8:15 am) so that I could dump the MP3 files to my IPOD before I left to go to work.

After starting my new day I was happy to see that there were several files that I could copy to my IPOD and listen to :) but here I am at work and I am listening to dead air. :eek:

Howard did come on for a few minutes and then dead air again. Yesterday the TT server had issues, so what gives? I bought this device so that I could listen to Howard but now all it does is record dead air? :mad: I bought this device on complete faith that I could use it and record what I would like to hear when I want to and not depend on equipment down time! :mad:

Hi,

Did you try any test recordings before you set it up for Stern?

Have you opened a ticket with support? If you have an have not recieved a response yet, you will get one by the end of the day.

Derek

Yes I have performed test recordings when I received the TimeTrax device, and yes I did submit a customer support ticket to Time Trax.

Thank You.

rhiggins said:
Yes I have performed test recordings when I received the TimeTrax device, and yes I did submit a customer support ticket to Time Trax.
Thank You.

Just asking the Dumb question - but - the test recordings WERE successful right?

No such thing as a dumb question. :)

But yes I have performed test recordings (such as music) and they did work.

When I went to the computer this morning I had 6 MP3 files, one file in particular was over 2 hours long, about 75% of this MP3 was dead air. Other files were the same... it either would contain dead air, or during the Howard Stern show it would start breaking up and then it would go to dead air. When I received the TT device I created test files and they were successful. I have not changed anything. Is there something that I can try? What are the recommeded settings?

I woke up to find out that the TT software had crashed, so I'm waiting for the replay tonight to listen to the show. I hope I have better luck for tomorrow's show.

Here is hoping that our next record of Howard is better.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts