Timewarner Sport Channel

Suppafreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Possibly this was already discussed, but I could not find any post.

Starting from 2012 - 2013 NBA season, the Lakers games no longer will be shown on the FOX Sports West channel. Timewarner bought the rights and will show the game on its own sports network. Are there any news about adding Timewarner Sport Channel (not sure if this is the channel name)?

Thanks

I think every TWC region has it's own Sports Cahnnel for showing local sports. Here, a lot of the Syracuse football games are shown on that channel.
You'll never see them on Dish or Direct.

but the difference is this has pro sports
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakers_Network

Lakers, Galaxy and Sparks game will be on it...also unlike some stations (**COUGH** CSN Philly **COUGH**) this station WILL work with other providers

As part of the agreement with Time Warner, the team stated that it will work with the cable provider to ensure that non-Time Warner subscribers within the Lakers' designated broadcast territory (all of Southern California, including the San Diego and Palm Springs DMAs, as well as Southern Nevada and Hawaii) will have access to the two networks.
(the other being TWCS Deportes)

I gotta say it does suck to have so many channels for each team.Used to the Hornets (now Bobcats) was on our local channels.Then sportsouth,then fox sportsouth.Now theres some kind of city or very small regional channel that carries them.It may be time warner as that's who the arena is named after.

I gotta say it does suck to have so many channels for each team.Used to the Hornets (now Bobcats) was on our local channels.Then sportsouth,then fox sportsouth.Now theres some kind of city or very small regional channel that carries them.It may be time warner as that's who the arena is named after.

All games were on Sportsouth or FSCarolinas (alt feed of FSSpouth) last season dont remember which. Regardless, you didnt miss much xD

All games were on Sportsouth or FSCarolinas (alt feed of FSSpouth) last season dont remember which. Regardless, you didnt miss much xD

Yea I know but still...It's the fact that there are too many channels.Really don't know why they have to have a alternate feed of fssportsouth.

Starting from 2012 - 2013 NBA season, the Lakers games no longer will be shown on the FOX Sports West channel. Timewarner bought the rights and will show the game on its own sports network. Are there any news about adding Timewarner Sport Channel (not sure if this is the channel name)?

It's Time Warner Cable SportsNet. Go to post #63 in the Official DISH Channel Request Thread and click on Like or Thanks to show Dish that you would like the channel added.

A couple of the articles I had read about the Pac 12 Network mentioned that the LA area could end up with 7 sports networks. THey mentioned the Dodgers are looking at their own network as well.

I wonder if even Directv has enough bandwidth to continue expanding for 24/7 RSNs in HD.

A couple of the articles I had read about the Pac 12 Network mentioned that the LA area could end up with 7 sports networks. THey mentioned the Dodgers are looking at their own network as well.

Yep that's way beyond out of control.

So I am guess that Fox Sports West is giving back a big rebate since they no longer carry Lakers games? :rolleyes:

Two RSNs worked out pretty well for LA, no reason for a 3rd RSN with only half a year of programming and asking about $4 a month. And I guess the Dodgers will be next, they'll need their own RSN to pay for all the huge contracts they are taking on. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)