navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Might want to read this article.

Seems Sprint will be moving to LTE sooner rather than later, with a bit of a shortfall with their current "4G" expansion plans. Bit of a tiff, there was.

The article neglects to mention that Sprint still owns 54% of clearwire. Clearwire could convert from WiMax to LTE if it was decided to do so without a huge cost since the backhaul and tower work is pretty much done. They have been doing the installations with the ability to switch in mind.

That article is a bit wrong in a few ways and leaves things out. They left out the Epic. Sprint isn't pulling out of Clear. Wimax isn't going anywhere. LTE will come and Sprint will have both LTE and Wimax when needed, Sprint as already said this. They didn't want to wait on LTE, so they rolled out Wimax. They have plenty of spectrum to play with.

That article is a bit wrong in a few ways and leaves things out. They left out the Epic. Sprint isn't pulling out of Clear. Wimax isn't going anywhere. LTE will come and Sprint will have both LTE and Wimax when needed, Sprint as already said this. They didn't want to wait on LTE, so they rolled out Wimax. They have plenty of spectrum to play with.
That's omitting a lot of details. Anyway, I'm just wondering if their current 4G phones (Epic and EVO) can support LTE?

I don't think LTE chips have been shipped for consumer devices yet. Could be wrong, and I missed it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)