Tip the Installer?

SpringerTigger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
Central Iowa
I have an appointment for Monday to switch from Direct to Dish. I've been told it will take several hours. But, I'm wondering - is the installer going to be expecting a tip? If so, how much might he be expecting?

thanks!

TIP: Never eat Mexican food near an open flame.

Tell him that instead of giving him crude money and I 'm sure he will appreciate it more.:p

The tech will definitely not be expecting a tip. You can tell when u get a tech that wants to actully help u out or not. If you get some one that is willing to help you out , help him out . Being a tech for dish now a days is a pain in the ass . Tech have to put up with a lot of crap. If you don't want to tip at least have some cold drinks on hand to share. :)

I do if a good job was done, and so far I have had good installers. Last installer was stuck on the one ARC or the other instillation. He didn't know about AAD, or what I was even talking about. BUT - he listened, called in and explained I needed 119/110 (At the time, now only need one) along with the Eastern Arc. He got it done, did a nice job and I felt deserved a tip.

Jeees, just tip the guy. If he doesn't damage your home and looks like he did good work then I a tip will be taken. As a former sub, tips made up my gas money to get to the next job that was 2 hours away!

Technically DNS technicians are not allowed to accept tips - it's against company policy. If you want to help him out, purchase a screen cleaning kit as mentioned ($15), and give him all 10's on the phone survey that will be coming. (Please listen, as you have to press Zero on the phone to rate him a 10). These things help in our performance metrics and allow us to get bonuses.

SpringerTigger said:
I have an appointment for Monday to switch from Direct to Dish. I've been told it will take several hours. But, I'm wondering - is the installer going to be expecting a tip? If so, how much might he be expecting?

thanks!

I see alot of unempathetic responses.

As a tech I would advise you if you are truly satisfied with MY service and you wish for me and others of my same fiber to continue working for dish feeling it to be a rewarding career: You will tip. Doesn't matter if it is only 5 dollars. That's a sub.

Sent from my fingers.

I usually do tip my installers for making my home look good when they are done. The more I think about it the more it doesn't seem necessary to me though. They are already paid to do a good job just like any other line of work. No one gives me a tip when I do a good job on their tax return.

if you are old enough to remember when someone pumped your gas, washed your windshield , checked your oil, and even checked the air in your tires, and never expected a tip! then NO do not tip. it is his job to do good work and he is paid for it. JUST SAYIN.

As a dns tech I don't ever expect a tip for installing your satellite service, but when you ask me to set up your new 55 inch and connect your surround sound and bluray player, then ya, 5 bucks would be cool. But I would never expect anything for providing you with the best satellite service I can provide. It is my job.

gtal98 said:
Technically DNS technicians are not allowed to accept tips - it's against company policy. If you want to help him out, purchase a screen cleaning kit as mentioned ($15), and give him all 10's on the phone survey that will be coming. (Please listen, as you have to press Zero on the phone to rate him a 10). These things help in our performance metrics and allow us to get bonuses.

Actually we can accept gifts including money up to fifty dollars in value as stated in company policy.

i am an installer. i dont expect tips, and i dont really consider it the type of service you would tip. that said, i get tips frequently. its always a welcome suprise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)