Tips and Tricks?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Techie4321

Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
OK, before someone says search, I already did. I found very little, in fact no real useful information.

I am new to Dish, PVR, and 625.

Let me set the tone by offering a tip.

* Go to the favorates channel setup and set up channels not by user but by viewing type. For example I set up channel list for "Best" channels, "Movies", "Educate" for educational channels.

Any one have other tips or tricks? Like when to use Dish Pass over the regular timer? Or tricks on using Dish Pass? (I think someone in D* suggested setting a Pass for "Freeview" to catch the free viewings of shows that normally you have to pay for. Of course you would to limit that to a channel and I don't know if it works for Dish, does it? )

Can you do wild cards other things in Dish Pass?

* Record everything you might like. For shows you are not sure you will like set the Option to only keep one or two copies so as not to fill the hard drive.

* If a program you want repeats itself often (as with Discovery Channel shows), put it lower on your Season Pass list so that less-aired programs are more likely to come in when you want them, filling in with the more-common shows. (Borrowed tip)

* If using Dual mode, set the option so that you can control which tuner is used for timers and use the timer on the TV that you watch less. This way the primary TV can browse live TV while the secondary TV tuner is busy recording.

So keep those tips coming, even if you think they are silly or you think people know them. If they help, they help.

Each time you press the "skip ahead" DVR Function button while in the Program Guide it will go one day forward in the Program Guide.

If you had already went ahead in the Guide (aka EPG - Electronic Program Guide) you can press the "Skip Back" button to go back 24 hours.

You can also press a number then the "Browse" button and go ahead that number of hours. If you are in the EPG into the future and want to go back you can press a number and press the "Theme" button and go back that amount of hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts