Tips for lowering my bill? (i.e. any promotions?)

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Does Dish ever run any promotions of existing customers?

Right now I'm paying $113/month and I figured I can lower it to $83 month but that isn't including much:

America's Top 250 - $69.99
DVR Service - $6.00
Extra Receiver - $7.00

That price is in-line with Comcast, but if I switch to Comcast right now I'll only pay $39.99/month for the first year which is huge savings.

(I'm really not complaining though - Just wondering how I might save a few more dollars with Dish)

Care to be a tad more specific about what you want? It's current $113 because your programming is what exactly?

My advice, drop to Latino Dos, add the Blockbuster Movie Pass (formerly Platinum package), and get HBO or some other premium. That'd be $84, I think with the DVR service and Extra Rcvr.

You need to note what your channel priorities are (sports, movies, general entertainment), what you are willing to put on the chopping block to save cash, and what channels you have to have.

If you think Top 250 "isn't including much", I have a hard time believing that $40 package for one year with Comcast will offer much more... if anything more and not actually less.

It's impossible to answer your question without guessing, because we don't know your priorities. When you say Top250 isn't much, what does that mean? It has most all or all regular channels, and movie channels. New subscriber promotions aside, I too find it hard to believe you will get as much for the price of Dish with Cable. There are many combinations that would lower the bill and maybe get you pretty much what you want, but that depends on you.

That said, if you are long time customer, with a good payment record you might be able to get something off that cost, at least for awhile. It has been my experience from being on these forums for years, while you can save money for a year or so by switching you WILL pay more in the end with cable for like programming. Plus, then you will have, well, Cable. :eek:

Right now I'm paying $113/month and I figured I can lower it to $83 month but that isn't including much:

DVR Service - $6.00
Extra Receiver - $7.00

That price is in-line with Comcast, but if I switch to Comcast right now I'll only pay $39.99/month for the first year which is huge savings.

(I'm really not complaining though - Just wondering how I might save a few more dollars with Dish)

First do a doublecheck which channels you actually watch,then decide which channels you can actually do without.It's really easy to decide in a bad economy,at least it was for me.Good Luck!.:)

DVR Service - $6.00
Extra Receiver - $7.00

If you'd like to PM me your account information I can take a look and see what is available for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts