Tips or tricks to set timer for part time HD RSN broadcasts?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
Want to set a Dish Pass timer to record the HD RSN feed of my team's live games when I'm not at home to record manually. How can I do this successfully? The guide listing for the game does not show on the HD channel until up to the moment it starts. I did a test timer, telling it the channel number and HD Preference "HD only", but the timer never fired/showed up. Is manual timer my only option?

Manual timer should work well and may be the only option. You have to be sure the HD broadcast has started before the timer kicks in or you may not see the game.
I just tried it on my 612 and it worked fine.

Dish pass seems to be hit or miss when used as you want to. It may be related to how that channel is seen in the guide. Sometimes picking your RSN you get the HD channel telling to you check back, other times you get "this channel is not available", and yet other times it takes you to the SD version. (Assuming you have the SD version picked to be in the guide)

Last edited:
Very odd. The day I make this thread I go home and the guide is now showing the HD RSN channels' live games in the listings, and not just for the games going on now, but for games in future days as well. This is new, and it will make my timers work as I hoped.

Very odd. The day I make this thread I go home and the guide is now showing the HD RSN channels' live games in the listings, and not just for the games going on now, but for games in future days as well. This is new, and it will make my timers work as I hoped.
Like the other poster said, set your timer for 2 or 3 mins after the start of the game. For some reason if you start recording while the "check back later " screen is on, the channel will not switch to the game. It happened twice for me with the Astros before i found out.

You can do a dish pass with your local HD RSN but you have set it to the real channel number...which means just adding a 5 and then channel number. For me its 5419 for CSNBA. You may need to set multi timers if your your HD RSN uses the HD RSN alt channels which is in the 9514 - 9519 range.

You can do a dish pass with your local HD RSN but you have set it to the real channel number...which means just adding a 5 and then channel number. For me its 5419 for CSNBA. You may need to set multi timers if your your HD RSN uses the HD RSN alt channels which is in the 9514 - 9519 range.

I can use Dish Pass on the map down channel with no problem......

Like the other poster said, set your timer for 2 or 3 mins after the start of the game. For some reason if you start recording while the "check back later " screen is on, the channel will not switch to the game. It happened twice for me with the Astros before i found out.

I had the Sabers/Canes hockey game set for start right on time (0 min) and it recorded fine. But what is weird is when it switches back to the "check back for your team in HD" when it did that the screen froze until I hit stop and moved off the channel.

Thats weird.....

I swear I couldn't do any kind of Dish Pass on the HD broadcasts until recently when the listings started showing up in the guide for future events...before this the HD broadcast wouldn't show up in the guide until the event actually started.

I had the Sabers/Canes hockey game set for start right on time (0 min) and it recorded fine. But what is weird is when it switches back to the "check back for your team in HD" when it did that the screen froze until I hit stop and moved off the channel.

Thats weird.....

Not sure why the freeze (other than winter is coming.......) but the broadcast in HD must have started either a little earlier, or right on time. I have experienced what others have posted, if you have it set to record an HD RSN, if the recording starts before the program does, for some reason it does not show the program when it actually does start. Same can be said for simply leaving the channel on the HD RSN, if that is before the program starts at least for me I will not see program when it starts, I have to switch off the channel then back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)