Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk of tires got me looking at my current tire situtation. We're blessed here in Michiana to have The Tire Rack located just off of the 80-90 Toll Road. They have great prices, ship to a local installer if you can't make it to one of their distribution locations, and know their stuff. Plus, you can spend hours playing around with the wheel fitment tool on their website.

Unfortunately, the tires (Firestone Firehawk SZ50EP) I've had on my car for the last six years aren't sold anymore :(, so I need to find an equivalent. One thing I liked about the SZ50s was how well they pumped water out from the contact patch, resulting in great wet traction. I guess we'll see what's available when it comes time to buy new "paws" in a month or two...

If you have been there yet, check out www.tirerack.com . In addition to selling tires, they allow site users to post comments and rate their experiences with various makes and models of tires. You may not find any info on the Liberator tire, since it's not sold there, but you can check out the reviews of tires in the same price range from BF Goodrich. You may also find another some other brands of tires that fit your vehicle and your wallet. I bought tires recently and the reviews on Tire Rack helped me pick a tire that I otherwise would not have considered. (I bought the tires from a local tire dealer, who also installs and provides service.)

korsjs said:
after that whole firestone problem, i try to stay away from them.

I stay away from the factory sets of firestones they put on cars and trucks. In fact I replace my tires on every newtruck as soon as I get it. They make them softer so they are easier to shine, and so they ride smoother.

Anybody else here live in the snowbelt and live by the "No Compromise" philosophy of mounting summer tires for spring/summer/fall and snow tires for winter?

Foxbat said:
Anybody else here live in the snowbelt and live by the "No Compromise" philosophy of mounting summer tires for spring/summer/fall and snow tires for winter?

I work for Bridgestone/Firestone in Akron, I live buy that philosophy.
I just took off my Bridgestone Blizzaks last week, it's a very good tire, EXCELLENT traction in the snow, but you need to get them off your vehicle in the spring, it's a soft rubber tire.

John Corn said:
I work for Bridgestone/Firestone in Akron, I live buy that philosophy.
I just took off my Bridgestone Blizzaks last week, it's a very good tire, EXCELLENT traction in the snow, but you need to get them off your vehicle in the spring, it's a soft rubber tire.
John,
You said it! I've been using Blizzaks for winter driving since I got some for my '88 Integra. After waiting for snow to get out of the weather forecast, I took off my Blizzaks last Monday, and just swapped my wife's Blizzaks today (she's been putting in 12-13 hour days last week, so her car wasn't available before now) for some Firehawks.

Some people may say bad things about Firestone tires, but I have had nothing but good experiences with ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts