TiVo agrees to $1.1 billion acquisition by Rovi

ironically my Tivo has guide info for the 15th (because some series timers are set for that day)
No, my reasoning is that they will provide data until the 14th. The data shows info 2 weeks out, so tribune will have data there till end of month. On the 14th, the Rovi data will be provided which will likely overwrite the Trib data.

The Tivo/Rovi thing has been active lately (before the published sale) and with Tribune/gracenote agreement possibly ending the 14th this adds to it
The expiry of the Gracenote contract will happen whether or not the Rovi merger comes to pass. If Gracenote picks up their marbles and goes home, it now seems likely that Rovi will step in if TiVo hasn't got something else cooking.

Rumbling about a TiVo-Rovi merger began in earnest in the fourth week of March.

No, my reasoning is that they will provide data until the 14th. The data shows info 2 weeks out, so tribune will have data there till end of month. On the 14th, the Rovi data will be provided which will likely overwrite the Trib data.
guess we'll know in a day or so...right now guide goes to noon-ish on 5/15

I have a Tivo Series 3 with the OLED in the closet that I have tried to use several times over the years. The problem I always encountered was not so much incorrect guide data as incorrect mapping of virtual OTA channels to real frequencies used. The customer representatives at Tivo have no concept of this problem and no matter how I would try to explain the situation they simply go back to their script that I need a better (HD) antenna. In some cases I could scan-in missing channels and do a manual recording, but if Tivo "thinks" another channel transmits on that frequency scan-in is not even possible. They could not understand that NBC in El Paso is branded as "News Channel 9" but transmits on UHF 16.
I tried my complaints on the Tivo web site but it is not even set up for OTA problems. I would try to enter the data and write in "antenna only" but got no response. I even tried corrections through Zap2it.com .The final straw was when I was trying to correct the "real" channel" for XHJUB a Juarez station that has English language programming that is listed under the assumption that the real and virtual channels are the same. I got a reply that they do not carry channels in Canada!
I may have to drag the Tivo out of the closet in a few weeks and see if the sale to Rovi helped or hindered the situation. If any other member encounters this phenomenon, please keep us informed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)