TiVo and HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johncop

Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
I have a tivo and would lke to get HD without spending the $1000 bucks, can I integrate my current Tivo with a standard HD receiver? Will I have to swap tuners or can i access the HD through my current Tivo? Help

You may, SA Tivo units work fine with DirecTV. However, they are single tuner units. If you currently own a "DirecTiVo" This unit will not operate with any other equipment or service. DirecTV only.

If you have the $1000 to spend, you can get it and should receive the Media Center when MPEG4 & HDLIL are released in your market.

johncop said:
I have a tivo and would lke to get HD without spending the $1000 bucks, can I integrate my current Tivo with a standard HD receiver? Will I have to swap tuners or can i access the HD through my current Tivo? Help

If you can hold out a little longer the HR10-250 is bound to come down in price. It's been out for about 9 months now. And, with the MPEG4 announcement it's only a matter of time for the price to drop.

dturturro said:
If you can hold out a little longer the HR10-250 is bound to come down in price. It's been out for about 9 months now. And, with the MPEG4 announcement it's only a matter of time for the price to drop.

Silly Question but doesn't a Stand Alone Tivo only record standard def shows unless you have a High Def Recorder that can handle 1080i Resolution?

I guess that would be your main question.

pyrr said:
Silly Question but doesn't a Stand Alone Tivo only record standard def shows unless you have a High Def Recorder that can handle 1080i Resolution?

I guess that would be your main question.

Well, the HR10-250 is not a standalone nor is it SD. Did you quote the wrong post?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts