TiVo vs DN DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Lucrat said:
I watch, on a regular basis, about 10 channels. As long as DTV has those 10 the rest are for when I'm extremley bored and I have nothing in my playlist.

While I can see your point totally, it doesn't apply to me (I don't think. I haven't really disected the DTV channel lineup).

Having suggestions is always fun too because you're never going to know what you get.

I just switched to D*. To me, D* seems to care more about their customers, is cheaper than DISH (I got my rates locked for a year on the old rates) you get more channels for the money, got a great offer on a dtivo (no up front cost to me, free).

I have heard that they will have Home Media Option by this coming fall.

You can upgrade a dtivo's hard drive unlike the DVR.

the 522 isn't available to existing customers (this wouldn't affect you)

I have heard that the DTivo is much more stable than the DISH DVR, and I can attest to the bugs that DISH's receivers are. I had the 811 and quickly ebay'd it because my wife and I hated it.

I am not in any way bashing E* though, so please don't take this as a flaming of E*. I am just stating facts that I have seen and been a part of. E* was good up until a few months ago. D* had a better offer and I took it.

Like everyone has said, look at your options, not just on the DVR/PVR but on their programming, what is best for you, and on customer service.

Yeah. I cant tell you how nice these uhf remotes are. Especially when i dont want to point the remote at the reciever or i'm in an akward position to do so. UHF Rules.

And I love my Dish DVR. There isnt anything wrong with it. I dont see what peeps get out of the NBR, it's easy to just delete the thing if it records and you dont want it. And i wouldn't trust the rating thing either. Go with Dish Newtork. IMHO almost all channels are superb over Directv pq. My grandmother's home was wired really nice, great signal strength on the phase 3 dish, good reciever, but her pq is awful on all her 4 tv's. Bad color saturation, a bit of a glazed effect. She's had peeps out to try to fix it, but they see nothing wrong, but we do and all in my fam choose E* now. Only bad thing is no NFL ST.

A couple points. With News Corp taking over DirecTV, I don't think you can really say that how they operate today will be how they will operate tomorrow. Of particular interest is how the DirecTivo will fare with the change in ownership, since News Corp has their own DVR system used in Europe. I.e., why license someone elses technology when you have your own.

The Tivo HD upgrade options, while easier for the home user, violate your equipment warranty just as much as trying to do so on your DVR5xx unit.

Dish has talked about further upgrades to the series of DVR units. Name Based Recording has both down sides, and up sides. The up side is that it is more reactive to last minute changes in program start times or running times.

Dish's biggest issue with their current DVR units is the lack of a second tuner. It sounded like the 522 would have been Dish's answer, but with limited availability, they certainly are not an answer for existing customers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)