TNT and SPIKE in HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chewwy420

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
I told a buddy of mine this morning about the $299 HD-DVR deal and he called and go it. Now what was interesting is that they also told him the following:

"He also said that they are adding alot of HD channels soon. TNT, spike, and some other ones I can't remember. He said they will be adding channels as they become available. He said our area wouldn't get HD locals at least until the end of 2006 and the new boxes will be replaced free."

So I wonder if there is any truth to this.

Could be true but you usually have to take whatever a CSR says with a grain of salt.

It's funny. In this forum I hear all the clamoring for TNT-HD. I would like it as well. But then you go to the HD programming area and read the threads griping that most of it is not 'real' HD, let alone HD Lite.
Once we get it, watch for the threads complaining about it to come out en masse.
Spotting HD content on TNT - When is TNT getting True HD Content?
Hardly a plethora of programming here on a day to day basis. Now, when it's NBA season, alright!

I get TNT-HD via cable and even if it's just an upconvert I'd much prefer it then watching the SD version of the channel.

Isn't spike tv part of viacomm? If so dtv just signed contracts with all the viacomm stations in an "advanced transmission" contract. To begin late 2005/early 2006 from what i understood. This would mean MTV,Comedy Central, VH1, Spike, BET, Nickelodeon and more right? Thoes are all viacomm stations i think. Thats another reason dtv took on logo and mtv desi. All part of their new contracts. Ill try to find the article and post it later. But thats what ive understood from the article is HD transmissions of these channels.

I love the movies on the weekend on TNTHD....I miss TNTHD since Voom went under. They have alot more true HD content then when they started. The ch has improved a great deal and they have a ton of basketball in hd during the playoffs.

I do wish TNT HD was availible also, that is one of my main requests from D* (heck, I'd even buy a HD Tivo if it was up)

pampaul said:
True HD content on TNT, how about nascar

Tell me about it, this saturday night Nascar "Sharpie 500" from Bristol on TNT simulcast in HD.

But for us poor saps with D*, we will have to enjoy it in the 100% digital clarity of groundbreaking Standard Definition. woooooooooo hoooooooo :(
I mean boooo hoooooo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts