Tnt HD on 7/21/06 on channel 737

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
Just saw an ad on Channel 14 stating tnt hd comming July 21st I believe on channel 731.

Would make sense since Channel 37 is TNT, so 737 would be logical! I hope this happens!

Edit: Ok I just saw it, part of family cable package with hd digital box, goes live 7/21 on Channel 737. Nice, but I want more than just this, LOL!

Last edited:
cforrest said:
Edit: Ok I just saw it, part of family cable package with hd digital box, goes live 7/21 on Channel 737. Nice, but I want more than just this, LOL!

we all do, I found it funny that I saw it on channel 14 before they sent out any kind of internal notice that we would be picking it up.

Rumor is INHD is going to combine all of the INHD2 content onto INHD.

Great news about TNT-HD. To bad it's being added one day late. The British open coverage on TNT starts 7/20. It won't be HD but it will be widescreen.

Lucky said:
So what happens to SNY HD now ? Where will the Met games in HD be shown ?

INHD2 doesn't show the Mets games. CV just preempted INHD2 to put up the HD feed of SNY. The games will still be there. If INHD2 is indeed going off then hopefully they will leave SNY-HD on 24/7 now.

RemyM said:
INHD2 doesn't show the Mets games. CV just preempted INHD2 to put up the HD feed of SNY. The games will still be there. If INHD2 is indeed going off then hopefully they will leave SNY-HD on 24/7 now.

Yeah, that would be great if they put SNY HD up 24/7. :)

Without fail, everysingle time I go on vacation or take a day off, CV adds some kind of HD content. I always miss the chance to break the news.

I had heard the rumor a few weeks ago, but I didn't want to post it and make everyone nuts.

I placed a call into a friend to find out if we will get 24/7 SNY HD. I'll post as soon as I find out.

MergaTroy6 said:
Without fail, everysingle time I go on vacation or take a day off, CV adds some kind of HD content. I always miss the chance to break the news.

I placed a call into a friend to find out if we will get 24/7 SNY HD. I'll post as soon as I find out.

No offense Merga, but go on vacation more often and let us know, so we'll be prepared for more HD channels :p

Hope to hear we are going to get SNY HD 24/7, look forward to your update.

Lucky said:
Yeah, that would be great if they put SNY HD up 24/7. :)

I don't think SNY HD is a 24/7 station like NESN HD is. I think they are on only during gametimes, and maybe some pre and post game.

raoul5788 said:
I don't think SNY HD is a 24/7 station like NESN HD is. I think they are on only during gametimes, and maybe some pre and post game.

SNY-HD is a 24/7 station. They do all of their studio stuff in HD. Cablevision made a deal with SNY that they will only show SNY-HD for Mets games.

YES-HD does not broadcast 24/7. They only turn on for Yankees and Nets games, otherwise they are off the air. Starting in April 2007 YES-HD is supposed to go 24/7. Time will tell if CV will carry it that way though.

I would love to see SNY HD full time, too. MergaTroy, if you have any information on this I would appreciate you sharing it with us. Thanks.

Starting Tuesday, July 17, 2006 and continuing through Friday, July 21, 2006, TNT in HD, a new high-definition (HD) service, will be available to customers who subscribe to Family Cable and above on channel 737. The channel will also be available to business customers as part of the iO Entertainment and iO Business packages. A HD iO digital converter or a CableCard-equipped digital cable ready HDTV is required to receive channel 737. TNT in HD will be launched according to the schedule below.

Areas Launch Dates
Connecticut, Westchester and Brooklyn
(excludes Ossining Rockland and Monroe) Tuesday, July 18

Long Island and Bronx (excludes Woodbury Spectrum) Wednesday, July 19

New Jersey and Ossining Rockland and Monroe
Friday, July 21

TNT in HD is a high definition presentation of TNT which offers an array of programming including Law & Order, NBA, original movies, original series and blockbuster movies. TNT in HD broadcasts 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)