This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

TNTHD DEBUTS ON VOOM TODAY CH 521

Anyone have a guide for TNTHD yet....it just says no info for me. I tried resetting the receiver twice but no info is what I have for TNTHD. Anyone else have the same thing?

vinnyv07 said:
Anyone have a guide for TNTHD yet....it just says no info for me. I tried resetting the receiver twice but no info is what I have for TNTHD. Anyone else have the same thing?

It takes sometime once a channel is added to get guide information. I would think that sometime today and no later than tomorrow we will have the guide information for TNT-HD. It does look like the schedule is the same as the SD version.

vinnyv07 said:

I have guide info for TNT-HD now.

vinnyv07 said:

Until the TNT HD guide shows up, I have placed the sd TNT in my Favorites guide as the two channels appear to be showing the same programs. They show up next to each other in my Favoirites guide so it is easy to see what's on.

For all I know, the program Info is now showing , though, but Saturday mornings are for being ouside in the gardens, not for watching hd.

Shelly

shelly said:
....though, but Saturday mornings are for being ouside in the gardens, not for watching hd.

Shelly

Or for cleaning pool and getting ready for Memorial Day Weekend and do certain things around the house.

Dd 5.1?

Sean Mota said:
I thought the audio was supposed to be DD5.1 but it is not. Anybody got DD5.1 at the start of the game?

I haven't noticed anything in 5.1 on TNT-HD yet.

Could just be because they were having audio problems yesterday.

-John

I have had guife info all morning and it is showing what is showing in HD just like it does on TDCHD , one thing I notice is the sound is lower on TNTHD but on TNT it is louder, anyone one else hearing this?

That's because both SD and HD broadcasts share the same cameras. If you zoom in closer so the action fills the 16x9 screen, then the 4x3 will be missing some action. So the camera has to be pulled back and the sides of the 16x9 screen are more or less wasted.

This is why Hdnet sports look better, b/c they don't need to worry about framing for 4x3 and can fill up the 16x9 screen with meaningful action. And closeups tend to look better, more detailed the long shots.

I watched the game last night and it seemed that the game was and wasn't in HD. The closeups look great but when the camera showed a full court view it wasn't as clear as I expected. The picture seemed soft and grainy.

Just watched an HD dog chow commercial. I can't believe I actually am enjoying TNTs commercials.