TNTHD DEBUTS ON VOOM TODAY CH 521

I'm more concerned with Marv Albert's teeth. Those things are hideous. I guess it's from all that biting. :shocked

Anyway, the HD looks fantastic!!! :D

Hmmm... it appears they are still haveing some issues (probably on the TNT end) their audio feed keeps switching to a different source. They probably should have tried to debut the TNT HD channel BEFORE a live event... but hey, this is still one of the best looking Basketball broadcasts I've seen.

OH... and it appears that most of the comercials ARE also in HD...

This channel is so clear that it's even better than fox 480p. The basketball game looks exceptionally clear and yes I experienced the audio problems but it seems to go back. I thought the audio was supposed to be DD5.1 but it is not. Anybody got DD5.1 at the start of the game?

Wow ...looks really good. Especially the close up shots. I couldnt watch Marv in HD...I had to turn away. Commercials even look good. I saw Buffy this afternoon and charmed also...both shows looked great.

Didn't see the great pq everyone else seemed to be seeing-switched to component from dvi and the pq is better now-don't think dvi looks all the great anymore ever since the hdcp flag was activated- dvi pq seems to have dropped imo-bb looks pretty nice using comp. connection-forget about dvi for now.

Gone??

Just got home and tried to tune in TNT-HD and it's gone!!! What's up? Can't tune it manually, doesn't show up in the pq, nothing. Just gone. Was there this morning.

Help!

The Rickster

Well...

I restarted my STB with no luck. I called Voom and they suggested I turn off the STB and wait over night. I told them this probably wouldn't help so she suggested she hit me. As soon as she did I got it back.

Whew! I was sweating there and it's not because of the warm humid weather we've got here!

The Rickster

OAR fans has to be jumping up and down with TNT-HD. I have never seen so many OAR commercials in my life. Some in HD and some upconverted. By the way, BAD Boys tomorrow at 7pm in HD ( it seems).

Acerone said:
ESPN HD should look like this...... All the time.

TNT-HD is the true "Revolution". ESPN-HD cannot even tie TNT-HD shoes... Learn ESPN how to do HD. Two thumbs up for Turner. He has done it exceptionally well so far. Look even the press conferences in HD! try to get that from Espn. Be ashame ESPN be ashame and star spending some money and stop asking for more money. Truck or no trucks no excuse!!!!

Sean Mota said:
TNT-HD is the true "Revolution". ESPN-HD cannot even tie TNT-HD shoes... Learn ESPN how to do HD. Two thumbs up for Turner. He has done it exceptionally well so far. Look even the press conferences in HD! try to get that from Espn. Be ashame ESPN be ashame and star spending some money and stop asking for more money. Truck or no trucks no excuse!!!!

AMEN!! Its time ESPN!! Its TIME!! :yes

I settled in to watch the first basketball telecast in HD tonight and what happens in the Chicagoland area... Thunder Storms! :no Kept knocking out the signal.

But when it was coming in, it looked great! :yes

This channel kicks A$$. fricken post game show is even HD. commercials HD. Upconverts its hard to tell the difference. A very valuable HD addition.

Eschu? compare the TNTHD PQ with d*'s..... opps sorry they dont have it do they? Dont that feel good people?

vurbano said:
This channel kicks A$$. fricken post game show is even HD. commercials HD. Upconverts its hard to tell the difference. A very valuable HD addition.

Eschu? compare the TNTHD PQ with d*'s..... opps sorry they dont have it do they? Dont that feel good people?

Touche' V-You're right-Just want Vooms technical Dept. to keep up with its programming dept. , that's all, that's all.

THE MAJOR DIFFERENCE I SAW BESIDES THE STUNNIG PQ WAS that in sd the action looked a little closer, ;like the camera could only fit in from the free throw line down or maybe the 3 point line , and in hd it seemed like i was watching from further away, but could see from half court.did anyone notice that.also it seemed at first to have that one camera angle for all the live action and then when a foul or time out , they switched to differnt cameras.i think a s time goes on they will be better at it.im not really complaing, because i was in awe of the pq.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)