TNTHD DEBUTS ON VOOM TODAY CH 521

kool .hope it's true.did anyone notice "er" presented in high defintion at the start of the show?i wonder why it is not high quality being that it is filmed in hd?

IT'S ON NOW!! 7:45AM PST. ch 521

It's stretch-o-vision but PQ is good. They're showing ER. Not HD though. I hope they'll show their syndicated shows in HD eventually. Or maybe this is an old ep b/c ER went HD.

kudos to voom for getting it.
shame on tnt for stretching it
worked for me.. no reboot or card fussing necessary

someone should start a poll asking what channel next.i doubt it would have any influence on what voom does, but i think it would be cool to see what people are wanting.

I really am impressed with VOOm adding ch's like this. Im very happy Im a Voomer....and I just might call them to tell them that. No BS....just add the HD ...whats next!!!!

I don't seem to be getting the channel yet. I tried tuning it in, and it wasn't there. Tried rebooting my receiver, and it still isn't there. Any ideas why I'm not getting it?

seandudley said:
I don't seem to be getting the channel yet. I tried tuning it in, and it wasn't there. Tried rebooting my receiver, and it still isn't there. Any ideas why I'm not getting it?

Sean, I couldn't find it at first because I pressed the All HD screen and because it wasn't showing hd at the time, it did not appear. but it did appear in the All Channels screen.

Also, it may be part of just VaVaVoom package and not available to regular package, if that applies in your case. But I can be wrrong on this point.

I'm sure that it will be there for you in time for their first hd broadcast.

Also I did not have to reboot or anything. the channel just showed up.

Shelly

DarrellP said:
It's "slightly" stretched, not nearly as bad as ESPNHD. Dish won't have it up until 5PM Eastern.

Dish has it now (11am) on 9420.

I popped over here to see what you Voom people think of it. I'm watching ER and although it's not the botched up, stretch thing ESPN does, it sure doesn't look HD. Kind of dark and "soft", almost fuzzy - real lack of contrast. Rest of my HD (what little there is of it) looks great so I know it's not my system.
Anyway, just wondered how you guys were seeing it so I could tell if the problem was with Dish, Turner or me.
Thanks and enjoy the new channel.
WaltinVt :rolleyes:

I have the basic package and am getting TNT-HD.

I did, however, have to reboot my receiver and wait for the guide data to load.

OK, I'm getting the channel now! I rebooted, and just had to wait for some program guide info to be downloaded before it would let me see the channel. All is well now, though! Another HD channel! This is so cool!

Thanks Shelly & DeArgila for the help!

TNT HD Now up on Channel 521

Just thought I would give you guys a heads up. TNT HD is now working. Just in time for the NBA Finals. SWEET!!!

I hope they'll put the Wolves/Lakers game on tonight! That would actually keep me home instead of the bar! It's not showing up in the web program guide yet, anyway you can see if the game will be on tonight? I think it's at 7CST.

Yes, it is on! It is beeing discussed in this thread

Moderators, let's keep this posting (as a redirect) in the main VOOM forum. Otherwise we'll see many more posts like this today!

ER and Judging Amy are done in HD. Why is TNT-HD not showing them in HD? Yes, old ER's obviously weren't done in HD, but new ones were. And I think Judging Amy has always been produced in HD. No more stretchy, and bring on dd 5.1!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts