TNTHD DEBUTS ON VOOM TODAY CH 521

This rules! Has anyone actually seen anything about it on Voom's website? I looked at the channel lineup out there and it still isn't listed. Call me the eternal pessimist. :D

FunkyBoss said:
This rules! Has anyone actually seen anything about it on Voom's website? I looked at the channel lineup out there and it still isn't listed. Call me the eternal pessimist. :D

Ok. You are the eternal pessimist Funky.
I guess it is not listed in the lineup because it is still not in the lineup till 9am on Friday. :D

Tnt Hd

This was posted at the Yahoo site by Lobo_2999

Thank you for contacting VOOM.

VOOM is pleased to announce the addition of TNT HD. VOOM's 37th HD
channel will launch tomorrow Friday May 21st at 9am, when the channel
makes its debut. TNT HD will have the same programming as the
standard definition TNT channel and can be found on channel 521. You
can view the new channel lineup at www.voom.com.

If this is true, it is really great news. I hope he wasn't pulling a trick on the forum and making up stuff; I really need my western conference finals in HD :)

I'm still bummed I want be able to watch the NBA finals in HD. Our ABC station sux out here in Colo Springs. All they have done is converted their analog signal to a digital format and left it at 480i. It sux. NBC here still hasn't even got their "construction permit" to build their digital tower. I wish I could pick up the east/west feeds in HD in the future.

This was also in the e-mail I got and I didnt even read it ,lol I just read the 1st part

VOOM will launch the high definition feed of Turner Network Television (TNT) beginning with the network's coverage of the first NBA Western Conference Finals playoff game on May 21. The 24/7 high definition presentation of the TNT East Coast feed will also offer VOOM customers a broad range of dramatic programming in HDTV format, including series, sports, movies and TNT Originals.

TNT HD Overview:
TNT in HD is broadcast in 1080i 24 hours a day with all content in native HD or up-converted to HD, including commercials. TNT in HD will use Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound for all programming and promotional elements. In addition, TNT in HD will present all of its programming, including promotional content and commercials, in 16:9 wide-screen, giving viewers a consistent viewing experience.
Among TNT's other highly anticipated programs is the limited original series The Grid, Dylan McDermott (The Practice, Wonderland) and Julianna Margulies (ER, Evelyn), set to premiere in summer 2004. The series from TNT and the BBC, produced in conjunction with Fox Television Studios and Carnival Films, explores both sides of the escalating war on terror. In February 2003, TBS, Inc. tapped into the HDTV market by offering TNT's coverage of the NBA All-Star Game in high-definition and repeated that success with the 2004 NBA All-Star Game.

Turner Network Television (TNT), the destination for drama, is a Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. 24-hour advertiser-supported service. TNT, an industry leader in delivery of adults 18-49 and 25-54 in prime and total day, is cable's only network combining award-winning original films, with upcoming fare including Salem's Lot, adapted from the Stephen King novel, and the Johnson & Johnson Spotlight Presentation The Wool Cap; the Original film Evel Knievel; highly anticipated limited original series, including The Grid and a Steven Spielberg 12-hour series, Into the West (working title); powerful one-hour dramas, such as Law & Order, ER, NYPD Blue, The X-Files, Charmed, Judging Amy and Angel, with Without a Trace joining in fall of 2004; broadcast premieres; and championship sports
coverage including NASCAR, the PGA and the British Open and the NBA.

Thank you again for choosing VOOM, please contact us if you have any questions, or call us at 1-800-GET-VOOM.

Kristin Olson
VOOM Customer Care

just waiting until 9:00 am

anyone else here waiting.atleast mcdonalds is now open. i can go get me a 2 for $2!cool i just saw a pop up and it said my anti virus was updated!i think im a voom maniac or just plain have no life.im off work for an injury and let me say work, is sounding better and better everyday.so no actual point of this post and if the moderator deletes this post i will fully understand.my wife is wakening; and she asked what i was doing.do i tell the truth?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts