TNTHD PQ question

jgags6 said:
it does look a little blurry. but this is expected from TNT-HD

The games usaully look decent to me but this game was terrible as I was seeing alot of pixelation going on. Also the mostly red back-drop was blurry. I clicked over to espnhd to a baseball game and the pic looked great. I just hope DISH does not do the down-rez thing to our national channels if they have not done TNTHD already.:confused:

We (Wife loves the NBA Payoffs) find the HD picture great on our set-up and has been that way since we got it. I see these posts about poor picture quality on TNT and think it must be reference to movies or Law & Order reruns, NOT NBA HD on TNT! In fact this channel looks as good as OTA HD, which is great from Indianapolis. Now if you want "not-so-great" TNT HD, view DirecTV! (we have it too and then I would agree) This is a 65" picture and it would seem that if there was a problem we would see it since we watch (recorded on 942 DVR and now VIP 622 DVR) every NBA game and Inside the NBA Today. Must be some other issue with equipment or set-up? Not an issue here.

Last edited:
rickaren said:
We (Wife loves the NBA Payoffs) find the HD picture great on our set-up and has been that way since we got it. I see these posts about poor picture quality on TNT and think it must be reference to movies or Law & Order reruns, NOT NBA HD on TNT! In fact this channel looks as good as OTA HD, which is great from Indianapolis. Now if you want "not-so-great" TNT HD, view DirecTV! (we have it too and then I would agree) This is a 65" picture and it would seem that if there was a problem we would see it since we watch (recorded on 942 DVR and now VIP 622 DVR) every NBA game and Inside the NBA Today. Must be some other issue with equipment or set-up? Not an issue here.

I agree, I too usually find the NBA game PQ great except last night which is the reason why I made this post. Maybe it is time to do a soft reset on my receiver or something but like I said before espnHD looked great while PHX and LAC was playing. I'll be watching the suns beat :D the clippers tuesday night so hopefully the PQ is up to par then. Or maybe this is the first time I noticed all the blurr and artifacting going on.

Most of the TNT-HD look pretty good, but I have noticed a few poor PQ games. I've also noticed some of the venues just aren't well lighted, while others have poor camera angles of the court. Both could be contributing factors IMO...

TNT-HD is often lame, they stretch movies to fit, and all commericals are streteched... games seem to be low bitrate (too blocky) and sometimes they cut to fuzzy cameras. I wish they'd up their bitrate for sporting events and keep proper aspect ratio! AR is my biggest gripe with most of my local OTA HD stations!!!

I am glad to see others are noticing this, but TNT HD always pixilates for me while watching basketball. The games in HD on ESPN look so much better. This is not a recent thing either, as I have noticed the pixilation for months.

FunkeeC said:
I am glad to see others are noticing this, but TNT HD always pixilates for me while watching basketball. The games in HD on ESPN look so much better. This is not a recent thing either, as I have noticed the pixilation for months.

Its been that way all season, from all providers...Some games will look better than others, for sure..But none of them even come close to what TNTHD was producing last season...

Just do a TNTHD search here and over at AVS, its a well documented problem that has been going on for a long time..

People that claim to not see the problem do not know what they are looking for, or they just simply arent looking, period. (I.E. they will settle for anything)

The truth of the mater is that if it was any more obvious it would be slapping them in the face..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)