To anyone that has pixelation/dropouts OTA with high SS(622)

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I got software L4.06 last night and it seems to have fixed my problem.

My local NBC station always has a 100 SS but the 622 would pixelate and drop it quite often in a 60 minute period while my tv tuner never had issue.

Ive been watching the channel for 15 minutes now and not one pixelation, hopefully they tweaked the 622 tuner in the recent update.

Wanted to see if this is a coincidence or if others get the same result with 4.06/4.07

?

I haven't got 4.06 yet, but this has been a problem for me since March. I think 15 minutes isn't much of a test though.

I guess I've got a different problem. Every couple days, while watching an OTA show, I suddenly get the loss signal error message. When I change to another OTA channel I get the same message. It takes a hard reboot to fix it. All channels have a high ss. 95-100.

I guess I've got a different problem. Every couple days, while watching an OTA show, I suddenly get the loss signal error message. When I change to another OTA channel I get the same message. It takes a hard reboot to fix it. All channels have a high ss. 95-100.

I would get that error quite often also, but never had to re-boot.

Only got it on a high SS (100) channel, which is the highest power channel in my area.

Hope you're right

Hows 4 days and no issue. And it was when it consistently dropped signal or pixelated a few times every 5 minutes.

I still don't have the new software, but I got the bad one early with the beta people even though I didn't sign up for it. I think I was the only one who complained about it. Most all the beta people thought the PIP and logos were so great. I think they only tested what they were told to test. Like I said, I hope you're right because football season is getting very close and it's been 4 months.

how do you get this new update?

Mine is still shown as 4.05. I reset the update time and it went to check but came back with nothing. anybody else seeing this new update?

Thanks

Or maybe the betas are out there playing with external hard drive support! Come on Dish give it to the rest of us!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts