To Dish: No discounts for existing HD subs, bad move!

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
Each day I'm starting to feel what the other members are going through with this crap from Dish Network.

Well today after being on hold for about 8 minutes listening to that stupid Dish FYI channel, I was calling to see If I could get the HD Pack half off, since they said current customers could get the HD pack at half price for 12 months. But no!! when I speak to a CSR he says, sorry only current customers without the HD pack can get a credit for 12 months. Total dung! Well I was trying to budge him mildly since I don't like to go crazy on strangers, but it's ridiculous how dish is just asking customers to leave. Frist the plan to raise the prices with nothing to show for it, then they say they wont be adding any HD for a year, and when I call to get a discount after I've been paying for their pack for a whole year they tell me no! They are really ridiculous and that JD Power award is a total joke! Phew!

I guess I could try again and if they don't get it asked to be transferred to advanced support. But their phones are crazy today.

Corporate stupidity at it's finest. So if you drop then add the HD PAK can you get the discount then?

NightRyder

Oh that's better I asked if I could drop the HD pack and re add it, but they said I'd have to send in my 811 and there would be no chance I would get it back. What morons!!!!

DISH Network offers ESPN HD, Discovery HD Theater, TNT HD, HDNet and HDNet Movies for $9.99 per month. In addition, DISH Network also offers CBS-HD, HBO-HD, Showtime HD and pay-per-view movies in HD. Under a special promotion, DISH Network is offering new customers six months free of the HD Pak and offering existing customers half off the monthly price for the HD Pak for 12 months.

If someone else wants to try getting the credit, let me know and if you do the name of your CSR.

It does not say anything about if you have the HD pak currently or not.

BFG should get it at half price for 12 months if you ask me. Sounds like the CSR's are being dumb again.

How did the conversation go, wanna make sure I get it right :) but you got the new sub deal, since you just signed up maybe they were easy on you...

BFG said:
you got the new sub deal, since you just signed up maybe they were easy on you...

That's what I was thinking to.

[CSR] hello, my name is Joan may I help you
[me] Can I have your operator ID
[CSR] KKT
[me] I just signed up for the 811 service and would like to get the 1/2 price deal that dish is offering
[CSR] Let me check your account.... I can give you 6 months for free
[me] Oh! ok.....

She also adjusted my bill for the past month. Hope this helps

Well I'm afraid It doesn't help me. I think you just got it because you're a new customer and your only on your first bill.

But I'm not alone, at dbstalk: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=37230

MacKenzieIII said:
Wow yea not only stingy to us existing HD pack customers but rude. They gave me a manager and I asked her to honor what it says on their web site http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/i...&item_id=660076 and she was just loud and unpleasant.

You know I don't care what DISH offers but they shouldn't get away with telling the press they are giving reduced rates and then saying "you arn't elliagble" after they get the customer on the phone.

does anyone know if their is a commitment for existing customers who already have the hd pack? i would like to try iand get it for half price while i am still with dish, but in NO WAY WILL I ADD TO MY CURRENT COMMITMENT.

There is no commitment for the pack alone. The only string with the HD pack is if you lease an 811 you must have the HD pack. Also you get a commitment on a free dish plan with an 811 or 921, you must keep the HD pack during your commitment as well.

Well all I can say is anyone else who has problems just be firm, ask to talk to their boss, ask for their operatior ID is also a great idea I will use in the future.

But write an email to:
Marc Lumpkin, 303-723-2020
marc.lumpkin@echostar.com

And ask him to either re-write his press release or give you the damn deal. Echostar puts this stuff out so the press reports on their "deals" but then they bait and switch once they get you on the phone.

BFG said:
There is no commitment for the pack alone. The only string with the HD pack is if you lease an 811 you must have the HD pack. Also you get a commitment on a free dish plan with an 811 or 921, you must keep the HD pack during your commitment as well.

i think their might be a commitment, this is what it says.

"Under a special promotion, DISH Network is offering new customers six months free of the HD Pak and offering existing customers half off the monthly price for the HD Pak for 12 months."

i guess it doesn't say you have to stay with it for 12 months, just 12 months at that price. i will give them a call and see what they say. i need to find out my exact date of commitment being up anyway.

BFG im not a new cust. I just got the 811 I been with dish for over a year. and it was like pulling teeth to get the 811 so I didnt push hard for the free HD

Oh, ok thanks for the update.

korsjs, I know my commitment date by heart: 2/6/2005 :D

OK I am about to cancel Dish, what do I need to know

PC Mag article on 942, 625

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)