To Dish or not to dish that is the question.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike kkm

Original poster
May 2, 2005
Hey. In my class i'm have a sales speech and i decided to do it on dish network and comparing it with comcast and direct tv. What do people in this community think of Dish network. Please positive comments because i'm trying to convincce people in getting it in my speech class. And if you have a funny story to tell about your expirience with it that would be cool too.

Thank you.

Positive comments only huh? What is your class in, propaganda?

Considering how the picture quality on Dish sucks so bad (SD on 42" or larger screens do to over compression), perhaps you should switch it around and try and convince people to ditch Dish.

what the point of the sales speech then. I'm trying to convince no matter what is wrong with it. it's just for a class.

I had Dish installed last Monday. I got the 942 receiver and a Dish 500. I had a 12-5 PM installation timeframe. My installer arrived at 5:35 PM. I was a little angry that he arrived late but the installer did a fantastic job setting up the Dish and the 942. The installer was neat, professional, and cleaned up after himself when he was done.

The PQ on the HD channels is fantastic. I love watching all of the NBA playoff games in HD on ESPNHD, TNTHD, and NBA-TV HD. The PQ on the SD channels is good. I only watch two shows in SD so I don't have a lot comments regarding the SD PQ.

Customer service for Dish is wonderful. I have never waited for more than a few minutes to talk to somebody. The CSR's are very nice, professional, and helpful.

The programming packages that Dish offers are better than cable or Directv. You can go a-la-carte with Dish, which you can not with Directv or cable. The basic AT60 package is very affordable for only $26.99.

Dish is now the HD leader since yesterday when they started offering 10 of the Voom channels.

As you can see, I am very happy with Dish. I came from cable, where I was never happy with their pricing, channel selection, and their price increases.

I am recommending that some of friends and neighbors get Dish. I have some certificates from Club Dish being mailed to me this week.

Why should we do your home work for you, thats cheating. Im telling your teacher.

Instead whay you need to do is read all the thousands of threads here they we type. Write down all the PROs your self.

Im sure you will find hundreds of them.

You will also find just as many negatives, that Im sure you will ignore.

You will find this for both Dish and Direct TV.

The Cable forums can be found over at AVSforums.

ScottChez said:
Why should we do your home work for you, thats cheating. Im telling your teacher.
Its not cheating. i'm just asking about a positive opinion. Plus i will give credit to the person. So its not cheating. i'm already done with my speech i just need an opinion to put in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts