Status
Please reply by conversation.

Big_Ed

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
Athol, MA
Hi all,

Dish Network subscriber here. Am becoming fed up with their lack of urgency in bringing us the RSNs in HD...in my case, NESN-HD. From the scuttlebutt I'm hearing, definitely not a definite that it will be in place for this year's baseball season. And I'm not going another season watching my games in SD!

The problem is I'm tied to Dish for another year or so (contract). Thinking about adding Directv really for NESN alone...but how much would I need to spend to do this? Interested in minimum programming levels and length of contract if any.

Thanks, Ed

Have you looked HERE yet?

DirecTV's packages are nice and simple, there are only a few packages so the selections are easy. You should also be able to get into a free HD receiver and multi-room install, but check it all out there or call ValueElectronics listed above.

D* Website

I should have been more clear...I DID check out the website, but I cannot decipher what packages would include NESN-HD. :confused:

For example, the HD package add-on lists 7 national HD channels, but doesn't say if this is required to get NESN in HD. Is it? I don't need the other 7 as I get these from DISH and have to buy them for the next year anyway.

Also, would NESN be included in any of the base packages, down to the "family choice"? I seriously don't see it, unless I'm overlooking something which surely I must be.

The only channel I care to receive is NESN-HD. Please tell me what I would need! (besides a clue, which I am obviously lacking). :D

Thank you, sir, that answers my question about the base package, any Total Choice! Would it be correct to assume that the HD package is required in order to receive this in HD? (I don't see that answer anywhere).

So your zip code is in the database to get your RSN in HD? COOL!

My gut thinks yes, along with the need of the H20 receiver and 5LNB dish; but I have had my services for so long I do not know anymore about package minimums to receive the RSN HD; sorry. I am very sure there are some users here that will chime in; that do not have the HD package but do have LIL in the same DMA and can give you better details.

Last edited:
So your zip code is in the database to get your RSN in HD? COOL!

My gut thinks yes, along with the need of the H20 receiver and 5LNB dish; but I have had my services for so long I do not know anymore about package minimums to receive the RSN HD; sorry. I am very sure there are some users here that will chime in; that do not have the HD package but do have LIL in the same DMA and can give you better details.

I THINK it's like HBO, if you have it, then you get the hd feed, too. no need for the hd package.

NESN-HD is part of the lils package WITHIN the BOSTON DMA. If you sub to ANY programming package that includes locals (and if you are in the Boston home DMA), you will get the HD lils AND NESN-HD at NO additional charge.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)