To Hopp or not to Hopp

Djancda

Original poster
I would like some advice in how to continue my DISH experience, right now we have 2 622s connecting 4 HD TVs (I know 2 TVs only get SD right now), one of the TVs is rarely used but sometimes we do get some recording conflicts that require some manual intervention in one of the sets. Getting HD on all 4 would be great but I'm afraid of running out of tuners and honest I have no idea what to expect with the "ALL HOUSE DVR EXPERIENCE".
So if we here to get a Hopper and 3 Joeys what will we gain and what will we lose?
Thanks

If I had four HDTVs I would spend the extra for 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys. That way you have a total of six tuners to play with. The up front cost will be more, but the monthly costs should stay the same ($7 more for each Joey or a Hopper).

I only have 2 HDTVs and I have found the experience with one Hopper and one Joey to be much better than when we has a 722k and a 211k.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Spring for 2H/2J. I just made the jump and after setting up all my timers, I've determined that I do not expect to have any more timer conflicts with the PTAT feature picking up most of my Prime time stuff.

Are all recordings on both Hoppers available from any Joey and Hopper?
yes. With the last firmware update, there is a drop down added that allows you to flip between the hopper DVR recording list and play from either one.

How many in your household? My wife and I get along fine with 1 Hopper and 2 Joeys for our 3 HD TVs.

With PrimeTimeAnytime, it frees up a couple tuners for us during the evening. If you can get all of your locals in HD (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX), then PTAT will record from 7pm-10pm on the 4 networks with 1 tuner. This gives you two tuners for live TV or record other non-local networks.

Help finding HBO On Demand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)