to keep 921 or not to keep 921

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

elgato

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
athol, massachusetts
I'm suppose to have a 622 install tomorrow and from what I understand I can forfeit the $100.00 rebate for my 921 and keep it. I have a 501 and was thinking of replacing it with the 921 in the event that I get an in-expensive hdtv in the future. I also realize that I would have limited hd coverage on the 921. did anybody else keep their 921 and use it this way. thanks

dfengie, is the hook-up on the 921 the same as the 501. i'm only using the one tv. I do have a splitter that I can use, the one currently use on my 921 or is the installer going to need it to install the 622. thanks

I believe yes. What I have is a seperate line going to 2 tv's one to the 501 and one to the 921. currently the 921 line goes to a splitter that goes in back of the tv1 and tv2. I think I can use that splitter again in that spare room but wasn't sure if the installer will have another splittle. I don't know what's in the back of the new 622. does that have tv1 and tv2 also thanks

thank you very much, let's hope I get the 622 tomorrow. I never got a confirmation call from the installed, only dishnetwork siad it was on the schedule. I hear so many of these horror stories about the installer coming without a 622 thanks again and have a good day

dfergie said:
I kept mine, but I bought my 622.. I have my 921 record the older HD pack stuff and concerts off of Rave and use the 622 for the new HD channels...

I have a 921 with the Old HD Pak, and just bought a 622 from DishStore, mainly for HD locals. Although I don't have 129 yet (only 110, 119, 148), the Dish Technical CSR activated the 622 yesterday (with 119 San Francisco HD locals), and I still have the Old HD Pak on both receivers. However, the CSR said that when I repoint the 148 dish to 129, and call Dish to have the Bronze package activated, that I will lose the HD channels on the 921.

Your posting indicates that you still have the Old HD Pak on your 921, along with all the new HD channels on the 622. Is there any official word on this?

Tom

As much as I hate the 921, its not worth getting rid of for $100. Id much rather put it on ebay than give it back to Dish.

When the rebate was $200 it was a wash since you got about $250 listing it on ebay.

If you have a 942, there is no reason what so ever why you should send it in, its a good solid working unit!

I don't have the 129. I believe I have 110,119 and for my locals I receive them on 61.5. I don't think anybody has 129 in the central part of Massachusetts. I assume that my new 622 will receive the new channels of the hd pack and my 921 will still receive what I have now. is this correct. thanks