Today must be super HD saturday...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
There's so much to see and so little time. I wonder what you guys decided to watch today.

Rave have some good concerts playing today including YES.

Monsters is replaying the Holloween and Friday the 13th movies

and of course there is so much more to see. I have to star cleaning my pool today but I will catch some of these. Let us what you decided to watch today in HD.

As for live events OTA you've got

ABC @3PM - Tampa @ Philly
CBS @3PM - Golf (With probably only 1 HD camera)
NBC @5PM - Preakness Stakes

There is a boxing match on NBC at 3:30, last week when NBC did boxing it was in HD, they just never told anyone so maybe this event will get the HD treatment as well...

BFG said:
As for live events OTA you've got

ABC @3PM - Tampa @ Philly
CBS @3PM - Golf (With probably only 1 HD camera)
NBC @5PM - Preakness Stakes

There is a boxing match on NBC at 3:30, last week when NBC did boxing it was in HD, they just never told anyone so maybe this event will get the HD treatment as well...

Wow! Boxing on NBC in HD! Man let us know when something like that happens. I would have loved to catch at least the end of it. Today I will tune at 3:30pm to see if it is in HD. I would love to compare the NBC boxing HD broadcast to the VOOM HD boxing.

BTW, I am still cleaning the pool. This wireless network are great. I am surfing the net and writing from my pool outside. Great and gorgeous day here in NYC.

This is the weekend that I have custody of my daughter so my pj probably won't even get turned on, but I can tell you that I will probably watch 30 episodes of Clifford the Big Red Dog that I've already seen 30 times. ;-) But I would not trade those episodes of Clifford for any amount of HD in the World!! BTW, she is only 7.

Darrell,

Our local PBS shows "clifford puppy days" which I watch with my 4 yo son. They are original HD material and look absolutely unbelievable! They have a couple of other series in HD as well and they look tremendous.

Our PBS is channel 3 and they run on 3.1, 3.2 and 3.5. With one sub set up as all day children's material.

Our PBS does NOT pass through the National feed and they do not come on the air until AFTER Clifford's Puppy Days is over. Our local PBS sucks!!!!!!

I also do not use my pj for casual viewing anymore since my bulb blew at 374 hours, :mad: I only turn it on when I have a DVD or a 3-4 hour block of HD to watch for an evening (which with Voom is practically every night ;) )

Our HD picture used to be unbelievable on PBS. But now that they have 3 subs instead of 1 they ate up the bandwidth. The programs are still 1080i, but too much picture change causes macroblocking. The cartoons work out well becasue the colors and backgrounds are so consistent.
I watched a thing on whales in HD on PBS the other noght and the waves on the water where unbearable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)