Today the Viacom HD Suite

Let's hope they pull off next Wednesday (they seem to like first of the month content launches), but if it falls a week... that following Wednesday they will require the new smart card for HD Channels. (which is why I'm wondering if more HD won't follow shortly after that)

While it will be nice if E* gets the Viacom suite of HD channels lit up by Wednesday, I'm not concerned about it personally. I don't expect existing Dish HD Absolute customers to get any of those channels once their added to the Dish Network lineup.

The addition of the Viacom channels on its own won't be enough to get many of us HD Absolute customers to switch to a different programming package. Other noticeably absent channels (like the ones from News Corp., Rainbow, etc.) will have to come along and be properly added into the TurboHD packages.

When packages like TurboHD Silver and TurboHD Gold build up more channels than what HD Absolute carries then you'll see a lot of grandfathered customers change to newer, more up to date subscriptions. Right now there is little incentive for HD Absolute customers to switch.

I agree with Bobby H. For me to give up my HD Absolute and go with a Turbo pkg that gives me (for right now) pretty much the same HD channels it would cost me an additional $30 per month. Sure, I miss not having my RSN but Dish is going to have to add quite a bit of programming to Turbo not available on Absolute to get me to switch.