Today's Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

N3KTH

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
OK, As mentioned in the past, I am getting back into the hobby after taking a break for a few years.

As the dish is back in alignment, here is my next problem.

When changing birds, sometime (on some channels) the station does not come in, long after the dish has quit moving. Sometimes it doesn't come in at all unless I jog the channel selector back and forth a few time, then the signal suddenly pops up and it is fine - until I go to change birds again....

It seems almost like a polarity problem I used to see on my old old old C band BUD 20 years ago.. Anyway, I understand my receiver is a candidate for modernization, something I will do as soon as I figure out which one to go to,

Here is a rough video showing the problem (sorry, not the best).... Anyone have any ideas?

http://youtu.be/6CuOaNKrzn8

First thing I would do is double check my coax connections. I started to have a problem on V polarities back in Feburary -- it seemed like the dish wouldn't move unless I had it on H polarities, and I had to really fiddle with it to get it to move to a V polarity (usually by going to the next satellite on an H, then backing up to the one I wanted on a V). It was starting to drive me crazy. When the weather cooperated, I finally went out to take a look, and it turns out the coax going into the motor had come half-way unscrewed. I fixed that, and it started moving on the V polarities again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts