Todays White Sox game not in HD?

chitownmatt

Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Just seeing if anybody is not getting the HD feed of the White Sox, Indians game today on comcast chicago

Something weird is going on.

Here in Atlanta, the SD version of Fox Sports is showing the Braves/Brewers while the HD version is showing the Yankee's game. ?!

Sorry...I just noticed that you are talking about a Comcast broadcast.

I'm speaking of Dish Network.

Dish likes to do this sometimes.... I notice it about once every couple weeks. Dont bother calling them and complaining, they will just say that the game is not in HD.

Dish likes to do this sometimes.... I notice it about once every couple weeks. Dont bother calling them and complaining, they will just say that the game is not in HD.

Idiots. Whether accidental or not, Dish is not LEGALLY allowed to show the Yankees - Rays game on the Fox SportsSouth HD channel (specifically the area that it serves) due to black-out restrictions and all that mumbo-jumbo.

I'm guessing that is going to be a very big spreadsheet.

Will it include all the PeachTree-TV Braves games that aren't available in the Braves area too?

Will it include all the PeachTree-TV Braves games that aren't available in the Braves area too?

The idea was to track games that *should* be in HD but aren't on Dish. In my case (Seattle Mariners) Fox Sports Northwest makes EVERY game available in HD. Locally, that means Comcast gets them all in HD. But because of Dish's bandwidth issues, sometimes we don't get the game in HD at all and sometimes it's Joined In Progress b/c the channel is shared with an East Coast game that is supposed to be over by 7:10PT (starting time of our games) but isn't always.

And also because of those bandwidth issues (and Dish's choice to not make the RSNs HD 24/7), we NEVER get the Replays in HD. When the Ms play on the East Coast, FSN usually replays the game starting at 7:00pm PT but always in SD. Same thing for the Seattle Sounders (MLS) - they replay the games once or twice, but never in HD.

So if the Braves games are available in HD to your Dish-less neighbors but not to you then, yes, I think it's appropriate to add them to the spreadsheet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts