Told I Can't Upgrade - Has Anyone Else Heard this sh**

emtownsend said:
Like everyone else, I was told only one receiver allowed at the moment (actually the time frame given was a year)...

I have three HD displays; one upstairs and two down. I can only get one 622. I am considering buying another 622 outright to cover the other two displays, but, I am aslo considering buying a 411 and switching back and forth as needed since the cost is almost 50% of a 622. Now...

What is everyone else doing who falls in this same boat? I am sure there are a good number of folks with multiple HD displays.
Thanks!

I upgraded one of my 811's to a 211, as soon as DishStore.net has 211's in stock I will order another one to replace the other 811. Once I get that I'll send the other leased 811 back to Dish. I may go DVR on my HD at somepoint, but right now I'm not worried about it.

I'm an xVoomer who also crossovered last May/June. I have a 3 HD tv set-up so from owning two Voom boxes I too went to a lease for:
811,942 dish500 and re-used my Vdish for E*s 61.5. AT180 HD,Voom and 2 Prem Movie.

Went straight to ceo@echostar in January. So I've been promised a complete switch to the new hardware: vip211 with d1000 installed next week and the 622 in April (if they have working ones by then) for the rebate. We'll see......

Boy do I miss Voom DBS and their CSRs.:(

I agree with your sentiment 8ohms... I know there are circumstances at play here that I will never quite grasp, but these retrictions are imposed in a way that makes me feel Dish is actually taking away from us and charging us more for it...
My predicament isn't as bad as others. I only had one HD receiver to begin with so getting a 622 can be seen as a plus I guess. But, there are others who had multiple HD boxes that are now missing out on new content (which they are paying for) unless they pony up and purchase a box.
Dish should discount the HD programming until the kinks are worked out. IMO

So, the 211 picks up the new HD? I thought it was only the 411? Oh, looking at Dishnetwork I see they are offering the 211... Boy, I'm confused. I don't even see the 411 on Dish's site... hum...

Last edited:
emtownsend said:
I am considering buying another 622 outright to cover the other two displays

Do you realize that even tho' the 622 is a two set receiver, only Set 1 outputs are HD, Set 2 outputs are SD.

SKrueger said:
Do you realize that even tho' the 622 is a two set receiver, only Set 1 outputs are HD, Set 2 outputs are SD.

Doht! Is there any hope?

What I need is an HD switcher. Any suggestions for one of those outside of an A/V receiver?

SKrueger said:
I'm a current AT Everything Pack with Locals, HD, and Voom with an existing 942. I switched to Dish upon the demise of Voom as a DBS service.

Called about upgrading to add the new HD channels and my HD locals. I was willing to pay the $299 rather than wait till April. I was told I was not eligible to upgrade and that I should contact my retailer. I told them DISH was my retailer and that my original service and equipment had been provided directly by DISH. After CSR and CSR supervisor upon supervisor, they all insisted there was no upgrade path available. They then stated that for $700+ I could get the new services. Numerous calls and I have been unable to resolve this situation.

They did cheerfully inform me that I could cancel service for $159.76

Anyone got any suggestions.

i was told the exact same thing yesterday, but not given a reason. so round and round we went, with me quizzing her on what the deal was, and why i couldn't get the lease. she just kept saying my account didn't qualify, but i could buy the 622.

finally, she said it was based on the "capability of the account", and i asked what the flip that meant. she said it was based on payment history, and that i must have had some late payments, which i have.

so, that's it for me. my options are buy a receiver from dish to get hdtv, cancel dish and move to direct tv for hdtv, or just go without hdtv...i'm probably gonna just stick with that last one for a while.

after getting all steamed about it, i started thinking about it, and until i can get the network affiliates in HD, i don't even want to bother. i live in a "white area" now, and can get SD locals from the nearest market (which is about 100 miles away, in lexington, ky), but from reading all the posts on here, i still wouldn't be able to get like the nbc,cbs,abc,fox HD stations out of new york, for example, so i'm just going to wait it out.

...or build a REALLY tall antenna!! lol

davec53 said:
finally, she said it was based on the "capability of the account", and i asked what the flip that meant. she said it was based on payment history, and that i must have had some late payments, which i have.

I'm not sure that's it. I don't have any late payments and I'm having the same problem.

NBCHL is on

Dish Poker Ad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)