Tom Clancy Dead: Celebrated Thriller Author Dies At Age 66

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Source

According to the Publishers Weekly Twitter account, American author Tom Clancy died Wednesday at age 66.
— Publishers Weekly (@PublishersWkly) October 2, 2013
The New York Times is also confirming:

I remember meeting him at Quantico 5-6 years ago and thinking to myself that he really looked old for his age and needed to step-away from the keyboard and take better care of himself. Lots of classic books, movies and video games. R.I.P.

I'm reading one of his books right now, the last of the Jack Ryan series. I didn't discover him until a few years ago and have been fascinated by the detail and insight in his books. If you read one now and pay attention to the political aspects, especially the descriptions and scenarios you can relate a lot of it to what is going on in the world today. Too bad our leaders didn't have that kind of insight.

RIP Mr. Clancy and thanks for all the great entertainment and education.

Heard him on a radio interview several years ago. It was the John boy & Billie "big show". He was very rude & belittling to his hosts.

Wasn't a fan, but either way RIP.

I read only a small fraction of his books, but the writing was well-paced and the attention to detail won over this geek. And I liked that most of the Jack Ryan movies were good, even if the books were better, they still made for entertaining viewing.

R.i.P., Tom Clancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)