Tony LaRussa retires

He knows that Phat Albert ain't coming back. He would rather retire than go through a season without Albert or in another organization. And there is NO WAY, IMHO Albert would comeback to a LaRussa-less Cards organization.

Bobby Cox, Tony La Russa, Joe Torre, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and Frank Thomas will all be HOF eligible in 2014.

IF there was ever a reason to HOLD BACK someone from the HOF, it would Frank Thomas. Without a shadow of a doubt, the biggest douche bag I have ever met...which I saw personally...1st hand for 3 seasons when I worked for the Old Chicago Sportschannel. The way he treated fans and clubhouse attendants and people that did not make the same money he made...it was a joke and downright dispicable!

GREAT for Tony though! I loved his jump/hop on the final out. It was good to see emotion from a guy that barely smiles...LOL! You would almost swear you had no clue he had teeth. LOL!

salsadancer7 said:
IF there was ever a reason to HOLD BACK someone from the HOF, it would Frank Thomas. Without a shadow of a doubt, the biggest douche bag I have ever met...which I saw personally...1st hand for 3 seasons when I worked for the Old Chicago Sportschannel. The way he treated fans and clubhouse attendants and people that did not make the same money he made...it was a joke and downright dispicable!

A persons "Personal" relationship with a player should have nothing to do with making the HOF. Your or any person that has a vote, however, in the Baseball world this HAS hapened.

I think this has a lot to do with why Jack Morris is not in, because writers didn't like him much.

That said, if I were a voter, Thomas would NOT get in,I don't think he's a HOF er at all.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Kind of surprising but not shocking with the health trouble he has been having.

Jimbo said:
A persons "Personal" relationship with a player should have nothing to do with making the HOF. Your or any person that has a vote, however, in the Baseball world this HAS hapened.

I think this has a lot to do with why Jack Morris is not in, because writers didn't like him much.

That said, if I were a voter, Thomas would NOT get in,I don't think he's a HOF er at all.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Agreed ... Thomas never achieved superstar status ... the rest will get in easily on first ballot ... Wow I am getting old when I know everyone on the HOF ballot :( :( :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts