Vin Scully retires after 67 years in the booth

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Wow. I can't believe there is no thread on this. Having grown up in LA, I have listened to Vin my entire life. I wish I could have gone to the game. Too bad he will not call the playoffs. What a class act. He will truly be missed.

"You were simply always there for me," Scully wrote. "I have always felt that I needed you more than you needed me and that holds true to this very day. I have been privileged to share in your passion and love for this great game."

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/...aster-vin-scully-after-67-years-in-booth.html

S~

One of the greatest if not the greatest of all time

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Isn't there at least another week in the season left ?

Congrats to Vin ... now go enjoy life !

I've tried to listen to Vin as often as I could in the last 20 some years.

My list of great announcers ... ironicly are all known by one name.

Vin
Ernie

There are no better. Period.

Could see the game on MLB on Direct. The production quality from Spectrum SportsNet L.A. was terrible. Cameras were out of focus, not shaded properly, and not white balanced as the sun would change the lighting on the field. Someone should have been on the ball for that as the normal white Dodgers uniforms looked blue on some cameras. The audio was also bad. When Culberson hit the walk off homer in the 10th to win the game for L.A, the crowd noise mix with Vin's voice could not be heard right away due to a bad mix that drowned him out by crowd noise. This was not an issue in the 9th when Corey Seager hit a homer to tie the game. The local public access channel could have done this game. Started watching Dodger games since the Twins completely suck. Vin was IMHO the best play by play announcer in the MLB. His broadcasts will be missed, maybe he can do some periodic Dodger specials or something. The after game speech he gave and the song he sung were fabulous.

Happy retirement Vin!.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts