Tony Stewart released from Joe Gibbs Racing (and another "Silly Season" rumor)...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Darrell Waltrip was on Tony Stewart live today and asked Tony directly whether running Toyotas had anything to do with his decision.

Tony had nothing but positive things to say about the support that he's got from TRD and specifically mentioned getting to know Lee White.

I think that at the end of the day 99% of the decision process for Tony was simply that he wasn't just offered the not just richest contract in NASCAR history, but far and away the richest contract in NASCAR history by a ridiculous margin.

I disagree.
He said what he had to say.
He still has to work with the Toyota teams the rest of the year.

Did you really expect him to come out and say what he really thinks about them ?

I would love to hear a conversation he may have with his friends about it.

Jimbo

Goodbye Tony.:wave

Good driver, but terrible person, at least he comes across that way to me in TV. He doesn't do anything I see on TV or the races to change my view of him so far. He was the same way in the IRL too.

I like Tony and see him a bit different than you do.
He's a damn good driver and decent person, he may not be the person we all see on TV, I don't know, at least he says whats on him mind while watching just what he says (of late, last year or so) ...

I did not like him at all when he first came to NASCAR, but he has grown on me.

Some things he says without thinking about the consequences have gotten him in trouble and he's not the only one that has that problem either.

He doesn't do the media thing as well as he probably should and that has caused some issues.

It will be interesting to see how it all works out next year when he has to deal with sponsors and media as well as driving.
Maybe he's maturing ...

Jimbo

I disagree.
He said what he had to say.
He still has to work with the Toyota teams the rest of the year.

Did you really expect him to come out and say what he really thinks about them ?

I would love to hear a conversation he may have with his friends about it.

Jimbo

Probably way to go for keeping their employees in his home state of Indiana at work during "non-production" days of Toyota SUVs.

Toyota trims production at Indiana plant

If he had a serious problem with Toyota, yes, I'd really expect him to come out and say what he really thinks. Don't you remember the Goodyear controversy earlier this year?

Cheering for "American" car companies that are getting rid of their jobs in the United States for Canada and Mexico because "at least the profits go back to America" is as silly as rooting against a "Japanese" car company that is creating good jobs in the United States because "all the profits go back to Japan."
Get with the program, it's the age of the multi-national corporation. The profits flow to whoever buys stock.

Goodbye Tony.:wave

Good driver, but terrible person, at least he comes across that way to me in TV. He doesn't do anything I see on TV or the races to change my view of him so far. He was the same way in the IRL too.

I agree, he should of went to Hendrick so he could be with the other 2 biggest frauds in NASCAR. Junior, Rick and Tony you just wouldn't know whose mouth would have the most Bullsh!t coming from it.

I agree, he should of went to Hendrick so he could be with the other 2 biggest frauds in NASCAR. Junior, Rick and Tony you just wouldn't know whose mouth would have the most Bullsh!t coming from it.

Just admit it Hart, it's your guy or nothing.
You way or the highway ...
Your guy must not be doing too well this year.

Your post continue to amuse me daily.

Jimbo

Does this mean he'll have a new sponsor, or will his car still be sponsored by Home Depot?

This depends on the deal with Joe Gibbs, but I think the Home Depot stays with the owner, much as the Budweiser deal stayed with DEI.
Unless Tony wants to buy the deal from Gibbs, there was talk originally that Bud might go with Jr, but Hendricks already had his quota of sponsors at the time.

I believe I heard that Office Depot might be in the picture for Tony.

Jimbo

I kinda like Tony, he will say what's on his mind sometimes, like the Goodyear deal earlier this year. I think it's something that's slipping away in NASCAR, these guys hardly ever slip out of the sponsor-ese language. I wouldn't expect Tony to bad mouth Toyota or Gibbs, he has enough class to know better. He wouldn't be where he is now without Gibbs taking a chance on a guy who had driven only open wheel.

From a Joe Gibbs interview it sounded like only Tony was leaving, Zippy is staying behind.

I heard Office Depot, also. Cousin Carl will be looking for a new sponsor.

I kinda like Tony, he will say what's on his mind sometimes, like the Goodyear deal earlier this year. I think it's something that's slipping away in NASCAR, these guys hardly ever slip out of the sponsor-ese language. I wouldn't expect Tony to bad mouth Toyota or Gibbs, he has enough class to know better. He wouldn't be where he is now without Gibbs taking a chance on a guy who had driven only open wheel.

From a Joe Gibbs interview it sounded like only Tony was leaving, Zippy is staying behind.

I heard Office Depot, also. Cousin Carl will be looking for a new sponsor.

Yes, It looks like Zippy will be staying and possibly being the Crew Chief for Joey Lugano when he comes up next year....
The only issue with Joey is getting him authorized to run all the tracks.

He must successfully run a variety of tracks before Nascar will OK him, it's possible that he comes to Gibbs and will not run the super speedways the first year, then again, they may push him to run other SS types to get some experience and be OK'd by the time he gets to the top level next year.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)