Top image noise

bwinroc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
I just upgraded to Dish HD with a 622 Receiver. I also have an OTA antenna in the attic. I am having a problem with what I would call some sort of digital signal/noise/text at the top of my images:
  1. It is random, not occuring all the time
  2. It happens to both OTA locals as well as SD Dish channels, however it is more prevelent on the OTA locals.
  3. Never happens on HD Channels
My 42" Westinghouse does not have a built in tuner so I don't have a way right now of trying a different tuner. The easiest solution would be to simply move the entire image V position up about 2 notches, however I have yet to find such a setting for my TV.

So, what is it and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks,

Brian

It does kind of look like a vertical size issue. You will probably have to try to find how to get to your tv's service menu on the internet & adjust the size, or centering....

This can show up on some channels & not others due to certain channels can overscan more.

I've seen it on quite a few sets.It usually only lasts a few seconds and seems to happen when the tv is first turned on.

On my Sony LCD I saw something like that when my Viewing Area setting was Full Pixel which should only be set for 1080i or 1080p sources. I changed it to Normal and all is well now....

I have a 42" Westinghouse monitor also. The reason you are seeing the noise at the top of your screen is because your monitor has no overscan. That noise is part of the image being sent by the broadcaster. Until recently, all TV's had overscan. The lack of overscan makes the Westinghouse a good computer monitor.

I eliminate the noise on my set by pressing the "fill" button on the WH remote which increases the image size about 7% (My 722 is set to send 1080i.). Press it again to return to standard mode (no overscan). This button is to the right of the "Menu" button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)